Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Miners: Miracle & Confusion Not from God

Wednesday January 4th, 2006. This is show # 3.

BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:
These families in West Virginia were saying that God gave them this miracle. And then it turns out that it was just an enormous tragedy and it had not been a miracle. It had been an accident, a catastrophy. And these people are now dead. And there was tragic miscommunication. Yet the apostle Paul wrote to the Corinthians, "God is not the author of confusion." And what was there, if anything at that church in Tolmansville West Virginia last night from midnight until 3 in the morning other than confusion?

Sozo

One would certainly hope that this highly publicized event would put an end to the ridiculous comments about how God did such and such for me/us/them/you!

It is very irresponsible to claim that God saved your child in a car accident (for example) while the child in the other car died.

This kind of stuff really gets my blood boiling... :madmad:

And I'm usually a very gentle kind of guy :D

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Sozo said:
One would certainly hope that this highly publicized event would put an end to the ridiculous comments about how God did such and such for me/us/them/you!

It is very irresponsible to claim that God saved your child in a car accident (for example) while the child in the other car died.

This kind of stuff really gets my blood boiling... :madmad:

And I'm usually a very gentle kind of guy :D

:up:

At our church a lady told the story of her daughter going to prom, and she prayed for her daughter's safety. Just after her daughter's date dropped her off at home, he was in a bad accident and rolled his car several times. The punch line was that God had him roll his car after he dropped off this lady's daughter instead of before. :hammer:

Status
Not open for further replies.