Living Life in the Power of the Holy Spirit

Robert Pate

Banned
I learned this some years ago from my mentor, Robert D. Brinsmead. It is all according to the Bible and what the apostle Paul wrote. Brinsmead is a lay theologian and a Christian scholar. For about 20 years he published a world wide publication called "Verdict." The motto for Verdict was, "The Gospel Plus Nothing and Nothing but the Gospel." Brinsmead is now retired and resides in Australia.

Paul wrote, "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me , and gave himself for me" Galatians 2:20.

There is a Christian life that we must live. The reason that God does not take us to heaven the moment that we become Christians is because we are to be witnesses for Christ and his Gospel here on this earth. That is the Christians purpose in life. We are no longer called to become holy by the works of the law, which is religion. We are called to be witnesses for Christ and his Gospel so that others will come to know Christ as their savior as we do. You cannot be an effective witness for Christ if you are living like the devil.

The Christian life is the highest life that one can live. Jesus said, "You are the salt of the earth" Matthew 5:13. "You are the light of the world" Matthew 5:14. If it wasn't for Christians life on this planet would be unbearable.

Paul said, "If you have been risen with Christ seek those things which are above, where Christ sits at the right hand of God. Set your affections on things above, not on things on the earth. For you are dead and your life is hid with Christ in God" Colossians 3:1-3.

Here is where Paul is calling us to live by the Holy Spirit and not by the flesh. "Set your affections on things above" The things that are above are Christ and his Gospel. We live and have our being in Christ and his Gospel. In the Gospel, we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. Brinsmead use to say, "If you are now perfect and complete in Christ, then act like it". If you have been risen with Christ and your life is hid with Christ in God and you sincerely believe that, then that should help you to live a higher more spiritual life.

Robert Brinsmead said, "Play your position." What is our position? Our position is that we are perfect and complete in Jesus Christ, Colossians 2:10. Now, act like it. If one does not believe the Gospel then this article will not help you. This article is for Gospel believers only. If you do not believe that you are perfect and complete "In Christ." then the only thing left for you is the law and religion, which is a DIY yourself holiness that will result in your condemnation.

Living by faith, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17, is living by the Holy Spirit. Living by the Spirit is living in the Gospel. It is not living by laws, rules or religion. living by rules, laws and religion is living by the flesh and has nothing to do with living by the Spirit. Religion is of the flesh. Religion is a preoccupation with ones self. Living by the Spirit is a preoccupation with Christ and his Gospel.

Robert Pate

Banned
The Christian life is the results of the Holy Spirit.

"For we are HIS workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them" Ephesians 2:10.

Whatever comes out of the Christians life is of God and is a natural occurrence. There is nothing to boast about if it is of God. Since I became a Christian I am doing things that I never thought about doing before I was saved. Sometimes I am surprised at what I do, but I know that it is of the Holy Spirit who is my teacher and my guide, John 15:26.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Robert, why do you not love others? Why do you believe love is no longer relevant?

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert, why do you not love others? Why do you believe love is no longer relevant?

The greatest love that you can show someone is to teach them the Gospel.

Because, "The Gospel is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believes" Romans 1:16.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Did Jesus say that?

If you love the Father are you going to demonstrate your love for him by teaching him Paul's gospel?

Or are you saying you only love unbelievers?

Just what are you saying?

meshak

BANNED
Banned

Because, "The Gospel is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believes" Romans 1:16.

The Gospel talks about love. Gospel is all about love for God and love for one another.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Gospel talks about love. Gospel is all about love for God and love for one another.

The dog in my avatar is an outstanding example of love. He had both eyes removed because of an infection, but no one has told him he is disabled. Well, it wouldn't do any good, he's deaf in both ears.

But he loves people.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The dog in my avatar is an outstanding example of love. He had both eyes removed because of an infection, but no one has told him he is disabled. Well, it wouldn't do any good, he's deaf in both ears.

But he loves people.
What a good boy !!!

beloved57

I learned this some years ago from my mentor, Robert D. Brinsmead. It is all according to the Bible and what the apostle Paul wrote. Brinsmead is a lay theologian and a Christian scholar. For about 20 years he published a world wide publication called "Verdict." The motto for Verdict was, "The Gospel Plus Nothing and Nothing but the Gospel." Brinsmead is now retired and resides in Australia.

Paul wrote, "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me , and gave himself for me" Galatians 2:20.

There is a Christian life that we must live. The reason that God does not take us to heaven the moment that we become Christians is because we are to be witnesses for Christ and his Gospel here on this earth. That is the Christians purpose in life. We are no longer called to become holy by the works of the law, which is religion. We are called to be witnesses for Christ and his Gospel so that others will come to know Christ as their savior as we do. You cannot be an effective witness for Christ if you are living like the devil.

The Christian life is the highest life that one can live. Jesus said, "You are the salt of the earth" Matthew 5:13. "You are the light of the world" Matthew 5:14. If it wasn't for Christians life on this planet would be unbearable.

Paul said, "If you have been risen with Christ seek those things which are above, where Christ sits at the right hand of God. Set your affections on things above, not on things on the earth. For you are dead and your life is hid with Christ in God" Colossians 3:1-3.

Here is where Paul is calling us to live by the Holy Spirit and not by the flesh. "Set your affections on things above" The things that are above are Christ and his Gospel. We live and have our being in Christ and his Gospel. In the Gospel, we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. Brinsmead use to say, "If you are now perfect and complete in Christ, then act like it". If you have been risen with Christ and your life is hid with Christ in God and you sincerely believe that, then that should help you to live a higher more spiritual life.

Robert Brinsmead said, "Play your position." What is our position? Our position is that we are perfect and complete in Jesus Christ, Colossians 2:10. Now, act like it. If one does not believe the Gospel then this article will not help you. This article is for Gospel believers only. If you do not believe that you are perfect and complete "In Christ." then the only thing left for you is the law and religion, which is a DIY yourself holiness that will result in your condemnation.

Living by faith, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17, is living by the Holy Spirit. Living by the Spirit is living in the Gospel. It is not living by laws, rules or religion. living by rules, laws and religion is living by the flesh and has nothing to do with living by the Spirit. Religion is of the flesh. Religion is a preoccupation with ones self. Living by the Spirit is a preoccupation with Christ and his Gospel.

You mean living life by the power of your own freewill !

Robert Pate

Banned
Did Jesus say that?

If you love the Father are you going to demonstrate your love for him by teaching him Paul's gospel?

Or are you saying you only love unbelievers?

Just what are you saying?

Believers need to hear the Gospel frequently, because they tend to forget how they were redeemed.

I love everyone, because Christ died for everyone.

Jerry Shugart

Robert, you got it exactly right!

The following words of Paul tell us how to live life in the power of the Spirit:

"Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord"
(2 Cor.3:17-18).​

"Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body. For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh" (2 Cor.4:9-11).​

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert, you got it exactly right!

The following words of Paul tell us how to live life in the power of the Spirit:

"Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord"
(2 Cor.3:17-18).​

"Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body. For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh" (2 Cor.4:9-11).​

Excellent scriptures Jerry. The Gospel makes us free from religion so that we can live by the Spirit.

Robert Pate

Banned
Why was Jesus not religious? He told the Jews to repent and repentance is one of the basic doctrines of Christianity.

Jesus was the epitome of God's holy law. You might say that Jesus was God's law incarnate in human flesh, Romans 3:21.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus was the epitome of God's holy law. You might say that Jesus was God's law incarnate in human flesh, Romans 3:21.

So according to what you say that must have been a really bad example. Just think of his poor disciples.

Robert Pate

Banned
So according to what you say that must have been a really bad example. Just think of his poor disciples.

Because of Jesus and his Gospel the apostles all died violent deaths, except for John who was exiled to the island of Patmos.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Because of Jesus and his Gospel the apostles all died violent deaths, except for John who was exiled to the island of Patmos.

OK, it's a good thing no one today dies a violent death. People might think they were a Christian.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
90,000 Christians died last year for the sake of Christ and his Gospel. Mostly in the mid East and India.

And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment... (Hebrews 9:27)​

How many would have died anyway?