Lies the media has told us about the coronavirus and problems from it

Gary K

Banned
CBS aired a lie the other day about the situation created by the coronavirus in NYC.

They showed the video of a swamped emergency room in NYC. Only problem was that video was a lie. It was an emergency room in Italy.

https://twitter.com/alx/status/1244647836031074304

If this doesn't cause a person to question why, in a city full of swamped ERs CBS couldn't show video of a NYC ER and had to use video from an Italian ER and then claim it was from NYC it ought to. This is a big time lie. Are ERs in NYC actually swamped? By what CBS did it's a legitimate question to ask.

Gary K

Banned
Here is another lie from CBS on the coronavirus and what is happening.

CBS aired a video featuring a sobbing nurse saying she quit her job today after being told she had work in an ICU used to treat coronavirus patients. She said none of the nurses in the ICU were wearing masks.

Now here's the real story.

CBS News posted a video of a nurse who claimed she quit her job after being asked to work in a coronavirus ICU without a face mask.

“America is not prepared, and nurses are not being protected,” said the ICU nurse in the video. “I quit my job today. I went into work and I was assigned to a COVID patient on an ICU unit that has been converted to a designated COVID unit. None of the nurses are wearing masks.”

The video now appears to be inaccurate. Instead of verifying the legitimacy of the video, CBS added background music and captions to highlight a woman who lied about her workplace situation. The woman, who goes by Imaris on social media, has a prominent following on Instagram.
So it turns out this video is entirely fraudulent. https://t.co/2axIrXK4LA

— Jordan Schachtel (@JordanSchachtel) April 6, 2020
Prior to CBS picking up this video, Imaris posted on her public Facebook page that she has anxiety and bi-polar depression and had not been an employee at the hospital for over a year. She mentioned in her post that she was unsure if she was ready to return to her job.

To read the rest of this story click on the following link. https://thefederalist.com/2020/04/0...cu-nurse-crying-over-poor-working-conditions/

CBS' excuse for posting this entirely untrue story? It was a video editing "mistake". Well, I will admit that airing a completely false story is certainly a mistake.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
CBS aired a lie the other day about the situation created by the coronavirus in NYC.

They showed the video of a swamped emergency room in NYC. Only problem was that video was a lie. It was an emergency room in Italy.

https://twitter.com/alx/status/1244647836031074304

If this doesn't cause a person to question why, in a city full of swamped ERs CBS couldn't show video of a NYC ER and had to use video from an Italian ER and then claim it was from NYC it ought to. This is a big time lie. Are ERs in NYC actually swamped? By what CBS did it's a legitimate question to ask.

A graphic timeline of Trump's statements on the coronavirus

Comparing the "lies" told by the media compared to those uttered by this President is not a debate you're going to win!

Attributing a hospital video to the wrong country doesn't place lives of American citizens at risk - for a President to be denying that COVID-19 was a threat to the public just a month ago and refusing to take the necessary steps to limit its impact has cost lives!

ETt4IR0WkAAkbuH.jpg

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Here is another lie from CBS on the coronavirus and what is happening.

CBS aired a video featuring a sobbing nurse saying she quit her job today after being told she had work in an ICU used to treat coronavirus patients. She said none of the nurses in the ICU were wearing masks.

Now here's the real story.

To read the rest of this story click on the following link. https://thefederalist.com/2020/04/06...ng-conditions/

CBS' excuse for posting this entirely untrue story? It was a video editing "mistake". Well, I will admit that airing a completely false story is certainly a mistake.

I was active on a leftist Facebook group the day this story broke - there was a tidal wave of anger and indignation against Trump (as there is every day - this FB group thrives on emotion)

I believe my response was along the lines of "what do you bet this is just another lie?"

for which, predictably, I got jumped all over

it was hilarious

as for CBS?

they lost me when it came out that Uncle Walter was biased

Gary K

Banned
A graphic timeline of Trump's statements on the coronavirus

Comparing the "lies" told by the media compared to those uttered by this President is not a debate you're going to win!

Attributing a hospital video to the wrong country doesn't place lives of American citizens at risk - for a President to be denying that COVID-19 was a threat to the public just a month ago and refusing to take the necessary steps to limit its impact has cost lives!

ETt4IR0WkAAkbuH.jpg

So, if you disagree with Trump he's telling lies and is untrustworthy, but if the media lies to you it's "who cares?", I still believe everything they publish. Do you see a possible problem with that attitude?

And you ignore the fact that Trump pushed the FDA to approve hydroxycloroquine for use in treating the coronavirus. It works. Period. It cures 100% of the patients who are treated with it and zinc in just a matter of hours. Very ill coronavirus patients are going from severely ill to symptom free in 8 to 12 hours.

[sarcasm]Yeah, Trump is all about killing people. [/sarcasm] :dizzy:

You have no credibility as you're so wrapped up in TDS all you see are distortions. Your memes are nothing but distortions and outright lies.

In other words, jgarden, the coronavirus has had it's teeth pulled. As soon as manufacturing levels rise to sustainable levels to support the expanded use of cholorquine the "crisis" is over. And Trump is responsible for making sure the cure was put into use. You might just ponder on that a while. It will probably destroy your mental health, but at least you'll be looking at reality for a change.

ok doser

So, if you disagree with Trump he's telling lies and is untrustworthy, but if the media lies to you it's "who cares?", I still believe everything they publish. Do you see a possible problem with that attitude?

And you ignore the fact that Trump pushed the FDA to approve hydroxycloroquine for use in treating the coronavirus. It works. Period. It cures 100% of the patients who are treated with it and zinc in just a matter of hours. Very ill coronavirus patients are going from severely ill to symptom free in 8 to 12 hours.

[sarcasm]Yeah, Trump is all about killing people. [/sarcasm] :dizzy:

You have no credibility as you're so wrapped up in TDS all you see are distortions. Your memes are nothing but distortions and outright lies.

In other words, jgarden, the coronavirus has had it's teeth pulled. As soon as manufacturing levels rise to sustainable levels to support the expanded use of cholorquine the "crisis" is over. And Trump is responsible for making sure the cure was put into use. You might just ponder on that a while. It will probably destroy your mental health, but at least you'll be looking at reality for a change.

The response from the left is already happening, they're accusing Trump "and his friends in big pharma" of profiting from hydroxychloroquin manufacture and sales

Gary K

Banned
The response from the left is already happening, they're accusing Trump "and his friends in big pharma" of profiting from hydroxychloroquin manufacture and sales

LOL. Hydroxychloroquine has been around since the 1940s. In other words the patent on it ran out decades ago meaning it can only be sold as a generic drug, and generic drugs are not huge moneymakers for the drug companies. Where they make their billions is on new drugs for they are allowed to charge a fortune for them to recover their R & D costs.

Just more mindless idiocy by never Trumpers. It's the show that never ends.

ok doser

LOL. Hydroxychloroquine has been around since the 1940s. In other words the patent on it ran out decades ago meaning it can only be sold as a generic drug, and generic drugs are not huge moneymakers for the drug companies. Where they make their billions is on new drugs for they are allowed to charge a fortune for them to recover their R & D costs.

Just more mindless idiocy by never Trumpers. It's the show that never ends.

And away we go :darwinsm:

https://theologyonline.com/forum/po...avirus-in-8-to-12-hours?p=2744061#post2744061

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned

A lie or a clumsy mistake by newsroom editors? The latter, obviously.

NYC hospitals have been quite swamped.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Prior to CBS picking up this video, Imaris posted on her public Facebook page that she has anxiety and bi-polar depression and had not been an employee at the hospital for over a year. She mentioned in her post that she was unsure if she was ready to return to her job.

So did CBS lie, or was it this woman who lied and CBS broadcasted her lie?

Gary K

Banned
So did CBS lie, or was it this woman who lied and CBS broadcasted her lie?

CBS broadcast her lie because it fits their narrative. They published the story with zero fact checking as the federalist demonstrated. It took less than 24 hours to debunk the story from her own facebook page. And CBS is one of your trusted news sources. Their actions show just how eager they are to attack Trump.

The least bit of critical thinking skills applied to this story shows just how absurd and biased they are, and you loved their story because it's bias made Trump look bad. In other words you are far more eager to hear that kind if disinformation than you are to hear truth. Your actions and arguments prove it.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
CBS is one of your trusted news sources.

Never watch it myself. Guess again, Gridley!

you loved their story because it's bias made Trump look bad.

I loved their story? I hadn't ever heard about it before I saw this thread, Gridley. Guess again!

And the truth makes Trump look bad enough without having to add any lies to the mix.

In other words you are far more eager to hear that kind if disinformation than you are to hear truth. Your actions and arguments prove it.

Your actions and arguments prove that you are far more eager to hear Trump's kind of disinformation than you are to hear truth.

Gary K

Banned
A lie or a clumsy mistake by newsroom editors? The latter, obviously.

NYC hospitals have been quite swamped.

LOL. Right. Let's see. We have several video file names of videos showing they came from NYC, and we have one with a file name showing it comes from Italy. What file do we choose? It's such an easy mistake to make that we will accidentally choose the Italian file.

BTW, if CBS has such inept newsroom editors that they don't even bother to verify what video they are going to use on a nationwide news program do you see CBS as a competent news org? I don't. Even if it was an inept mistake, which I do not believe, it shows CBS is not a reliable source for news.

BTW, I love how you jump to minimize distortion and fake news as your first instinct. Demonstrates your bias pretty conclusively.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
BTW, if CBS has such inept newsroom editors that they don't even bother to verify what video they are going to use on a nationwide news program do you see CBS as a competent news org?

I couldn't give a flip less about CBS News, Gridley.

Gary K

Banned
Never watch it myself. Guess again, Gridley!

I loved their story? I hadn't ever heard about it before I saw this thread, Gridley. Guess again!

And the truth makes Trump look bad enough without having to add any lies to the mix.

Your actions and arguments prove that you are far more eager to hear Trump's kind of disinformation than you are to hear truth.

Right. Just ignore my first paragraph.
CBS broadcast her lie because it fits their narrative. They published the story with zero fact checking as the federalist demonstrated. It took less than 24 hours to debunk the story from her own facebook page.

I have to chuckle that you're saying that the lie given by both CBS and the woman are truth and the proof against her is disinformation even though it comes from her own facebook page. She published the rebuttle to her own lie and you're calling that disinformation. :dizzy: :doh:

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I have to chuckle that you're saying that the lie given by both CBS and the woman are truth

Read my post again, Gridley! Quote for me where I said CBS or this woman reported the truth!

I couldn't care less if CBS went belly-up tomorrow, Gridley.

Gary K

Banned
I couldn't give a flip less about CBS News, Gridley.

And you expect me to buy this argument, this fallacy? CBS is part and parcel of the mockingbird media and you are constantly quoting the mockingbird media for your disinformation. The mockingbird media has proven they all publish the same lies and narratives. How? They all publish the same narrative at the same time and even use the same words. I've posted videos here proving this. Commentators from multiple networks all use the same words on the same stories on the same days. It proves central distribution of their "news".