Left and Right...

Danoh

...can go fly a kite.

Many years ago, two people I personally knew were shot down in cold blood in a case of mistaken identity by street gang members, during a war between two rival street gangs.

When I arrived on the scene, some celebrity news person was instructing one of their relatives (a local Ward Captain well-known for how self-serving he was), to walk down a side walk as if keeping his "eye out for a coin someone might have dropped."

A bit later, some "Pastor" showed up who had taken some ill old parishioner's offering but had continued to excuse why he had yet to bring members of his congregation to come visit her.

There he was, the epitome of "concern" - even volunteering to "take up a collection."

Later that evening, there was that celebrity news person on tv, going on about how "so and so walks down the side-walk, his head hanging down in grief" blah, blah, blah.

I vowed that day that from then on, as far as I was concerned, until any member of either some so called Left, or of some so called Right, proves good intent otherwise - each and every time - each can go fly a kite.

Years later, when I first began to study the Scripture, I found that as far as faith, and media, and politicians are concerned, my decision had been a wise balance...

1 Timothy 6:17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; 6:18 That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate; 6:19 Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.

Rom. 5:6-8.