Learned my Lesson in Stereotyping

foundsheep

Hi,
I'm relatively new here. Just want to share how God taught me a lesson in stereotyping... the hard way.

Stereotyping sample #1: Girls from the poorest families are the best choice for wives if you're looking for humility, contentment, and submission.

Stereotyping sample #2: US employment are the best when it comes to salary, working condition, and protection from employer abuse.

My personal experience is totally opposite. I ignored all the red flags which I believe God showed to me on purpose. Now I'm reaping the consequences.

My conclusion: God doesn't like us stereotyping on people.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't understand. Does this mean you married a wealthy woman and lost your job at IBM?

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi,
I'm relatively new here. Just want to share how God taught me a lesson in stereotyping... the hard way.

Stereotyping sample #1: Girls from the poorest families are the best choice for wives if you're looking for humility, contentment, and submission.

Stereotyping sample #2: US employment are the best when it comes to salary, working condition, and protection from employer abuse.

My personal experience is totally opposite. I ignored all the red flags which I believe God showed to me on purpose. Now I'm reaping the consequences.

My conclusion: God doesn't like us stereotyping on people.

For myself...IMO...

49 years ago I married a farm girl. Her family was poor, but her dad was very diligent in seeing that his family was fed, sheltered and clothed, I learned a lot from my late father-in-law. I learned an honest humility, and learned to content, and ours is a together marriage, to which I'm very thankful for. I wouldn't change a thing.

I was content in both fields that I worked in, printing and funeral directing, I received a good wage, working conditions were fair, and I had good employers. I like what I did, I was content with what I earned, always tried to make the work place better for others, and my employers highly valued the employees.

I'm reaping the benefit of a blessed marriage, and peaceful retirement, and through it all I have learned to content.

I think God calls it respecter of persons.

Last edited:

Tyrathca

Interestingly, I always thought the stereotypes were the other way around anyway.

Bogans/rednecks/etc are stereotypes associated with low socio-economics and a distinct lack of humility, submission or social etiquette (for either sex). And the US has been viewed for a while by the rest of the world as a place of rampant hypercapitalism and Crony capitalism that is at the expense of workers.

OMEGA

1Ti 6:12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life,

whereunto thou art also called,

and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

2Co 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself

against the knowledge of God,

and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I only hope if you find yourself walking through a tough neighborhood at night that your present mindset doesn't get you murdered foundsheep.

foundsheep

Interestingly, I always thought the stereotypes were the other way around anyway.

Bogans/rednecks/etc are stereotypes associated with low socio-economics and a distinct lack of humility, submission or social etiquette (for either sex). And the US has been viewed for a while by the rest of the world as a place of rampant hypercapitalism and Crony capitalism that is at the expense of workers.

Those are some strange stereotypes, indeed.

From the country I came from, those are stereotypical.

Women below middle class are generally humble and submissive spouses.

And all professionals who happen to find a job here in the US prosper because typical employers value the hardwork and increased revenue contributed by a good employee.