Law Law Law

fool

Hall of Fame
But, we have laws, restrictions, ordinances, and regulations for good reasons.
The Cuyahoga River used to catch on fire every once in a while.
You'd think common sense would dictate that people wouldn't pollute a river that runs thru their town to a point that it becomes flammable and yet it happened.
Because of greed.
We have to balance production with sustainability.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You'd think common sense would dictate that people wouldn't pollute a river that runs thru their town to a point that it becomes flammable and yet it happened.
Because of greed.

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you. - Romans 8:1-11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans8:1-11&version=NKJV

You ran well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth?This persuasion does not come from Him who calls you.A little leaven leavens the whole lump.I have confidence in you, in the Lord, that you will have no other mind; but he who troubles you shall bear his judgment, whoever he is.And I, brethren, if I still preach circumcision, why do I still suffer persecution? Then the offense of the cross has ceased.I could wish that those who trouble you would even cut themselves off!For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another!I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another. - Galatians 5:7-26 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians5:7-26&version=NKJV

No, stop. I see you skimming through these verses in my post looking for my actual words. I want you to go back to the beginning of my post, and read through each passage I have provided, listening to the words and reflecting on what they actually say. Go on, read. Don't skim.

Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith,from which some, having strayed, have turned aside to idle talk,desiring to be teachers of the law, understanding neither what they say nor the things which they affirm.But we know that the law is good if one uses it lawfully,knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine,according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God which was committed to my trust. - 1 Timothy 1:5-11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Timothy1:5-11&version=NKJV

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Because of greed.
I heard a comedian say once that if you removed all the warnings and rules of what should just be common sense, then pretty soon all the stupid losers would be gone.

As funny as that can sound, there is some truth in it.

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Sounds like Deuteronomy and Leviticus

Actually, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy would probably be the bare minimum for society to function.

Consider for a moment the number of individual laws in just one county of one state in the USA. Then consider how many different counties there are, and the number of individual laws each and every one of them has. Now add state laws. And then Federal laws on top of those. We have a system of literally millions of laws. If anything, we need fewer, more efficient laws.

glorydaz

Actually, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy would probably be the bare minimum for society to function.

Consider for a moment the number of individual laws in just one county of one state in the USA. Then consider how many different counties there are, and the number of individual laws each and every one of them has. Now add state laws. And then Federal laws on top of those. We have a system of literally millions of laws. If anything, we need fewer, more efficient laws.

Too bad it can't be as simple as right and wrong.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Too bad it can't be as simple as right and wrong.
It is, it's just that some people are control freaks, especially the ones who make the laws.

Before any enemy of God mentions it, obviously laws that were meant only for Israel would be excluded.