Knight's POTD 11-22-2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
On this Thanksgiving Day, I woke up contemplating family get togethers, good food (and I mean gooooood food), and all of the things in life that I am thankful for. I've never been financially rich, never been able to travel, never had what some might consider the "finest things" in life if one is considering those things to be material possessions. But I have so much to be thankful for:

I'm thankful for my family. I have a wonderful wife who deserves to be rewarded greatly in Heaven for putting up with me. :)

I have wonderful children (ok sometimes they don't always act wonderful, but they're mine and I love them), who love the Lord and who all have the desire to grow up and live for Him.

I'm thankful for the opportunity to be employed and to feed my family, as many places in the world people cannot say that.

But as I contemplated and reflected on this Thanksgiving, I have to say that I MOST thankful for the Lord Jesus Christ!

Without the Lord in my life, I have no clue where I would be today. Probably dead somewhere.

It is mind-boggling to me that while we were sinners, Christ died for us! (Romans 5:8)

One of the GREATEST passages in all of Scripture to reflect on this Thanksgiving is Colossians 3:12-17
12 Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; 13 bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. 14 But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. 15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. 17 And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

Thank You Jesus that while I sometimes act impatiently and fail to bear with others the way that You would want me to, you know my heart's desire is to love You and serve You.

Thank You Jesus that You brought PEACE into my life, that while I searched for that peace within everything this world had to offer, I never found it until I found YOU!

Thank You Jesus for the great privilege to serve You in the ministry and to teach and admonish brothers and sisters in Christ and to be taught and admonished sometimes by those same brothers and sisters in Christ!

Thank you Jesus for my family and my friends and my church family!

But Jesus, most of all on this Thanksgiving Day, I want to say:

THANK YOU FOR YOU!

:first:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Status