Knight's POTD 04-25-2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
genuineoriginal said:
Granite said:
I'm trying to see where your head's at and what you'd be willing to do in the name of "God."

If a Christian says they would be willing to do this they're demonstrating themselves to be dangerous, fanatical, potentially murderous zealots.

Defending the butchery of children because of so called "circumstances" or "context" is an abomination.
Thank you Granite for your honesty.
You have stated clearly that your position is that you are trying to see how many Christians fall into your definition of a dangerous, fanatical, potentially murderous zealot.
You have stated clearly that there is no reason you will accept to defend killing infants.

Now that we are clear on the reason for the question, we can move on with the discussion.

I have explained my position of believing that God was justified in ordering the complete destruction of a city, including every man, woman, child, and beast, because of the abominable practices of the inhabitants of the city.

I am stating clearly that I believe that there are times when infants will die because of the actions of their parents, and one of those circumstances is war.

I have said in previous posts that Men have petitioned God in order to spare the lives of the wicked. This is something God says that He is looking for. There are records of righteous men refusing to do what God ordered, such as Ezekiel refusing to cook over human dung and Peter refusing to eat rats, vultures, and cockroaches. This is acceptable to God. He says "Come, let us reason together." God is not as unreasonable as you seem to think.

My answer to your concerns is that God has the right to destroy every man, woman, child, and beast of a city by any means He chooses, but that men should step up and challenge Him based on His mercy to find another way.

I concede that the Children of Israel did not confront God about the methods He ordered them to use. They did not plead the case of the wicked, and ask Him for mercy. We have no way of knowing what would have happened in that case, but we have records of God sparing Ninevah when they repented.

The way I see it, the correct Christian response to the order to march into a city and kill every man, woman, child, and beast is to fall down before Him, tell Him that His reputation would suffer in the sight of the godless, and beg for mercy for those who do not deserve it.

I pray God has mercy on you also.
POTD :first:

context

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Great pick!