Knight's Pick 10-03-2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Reasonable... rational... logical... and totally understandable. :up:

You keep talking about acceptance of the traditions of men. Does the bible say, bible alone or does it say oral tradition and scripture?

I'd have to say the traditions of the RCC find root in pagan romanism, not in worship of the Creator. I won't limit that to just RCC however.

Besides the problem that you have supporting a bible-alone position,

In case you missed it, I left the lutheran building :)

... on what or whose authority do you accept what you believe is the true word of God, if not of men's teaching and interpetation?

I didn't need an interpreter to understand "...for all have fallen short of the Glory of God." Nor did I need an interpreter to to understand witchcraft was not pleasing to God. Once I understood I was reading the Creator's standard of perfection and I didn't come close, God crushed my heart with the weight of my own sin.

I was convinced I needed to repent and accept Christ.

The whole time I sat in a pew I was told I was saved. The "teachers" were wrong.

You say your belief in scripture is the truth, yet you cannot account for an authority of proper interpretation of this scripture other than yourself, nor can you point to scripture in the bible that says bible alone is sufficient.

My belief is in Christ. My authority is the Holy Spirit who leads us. "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge".

Seriously, what parts do you have trouble comprehending? I found a couple confusing things, I wrote them down. If the answer wasn't presented in the text, I sought council. But I weighed the council against His Word.

I asked you if you were an authentic interpreter? By whose authority other than man do you know your interpretation of scripture is correct?

The text is usually clear. I can't buy into the RCC doctrine that the Creator made His creation so dull we couldn't understand the Book He left with us. Sort of defeats the purpose.

And yes, I can identify my Church, it's the Body of Christ. "Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it."
:first:

The Berean

:BRAVO: I'm actually going to save Nineveh's post in case I have to use it in the future. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.