Knight's pick 07-01-2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
death2impiety said:
At least it's Biblical.

My point was that you're confusing the verses. You're basing your belief on misguided interpretation.

So that you could experience His glory.

Yet this is counterproductive. Surely His glory would be better experienced within a showing of true perfection.

Someone once said "Christianity is a battle, not a dream". Being a Christian means we will suffer. Suffering is the most important part of life; Christ dealt with it and so shall we. You act as if God is suppose to take it light on us, and to grant our every wish - to make our lives as comfortable as possible. God's not a genie, and He's not here to make your life 'happy'. His purpose is solely to display His glory, and He will see to it that He does just that, whether that makes you happy or not.

Not at all. I just understand that sin and suffering is a product of mans choice against God, not Gods choice to make man against God. I'm proud to pick up my cross daily, to partake in the suffering of Christ. But its my choice to do so, just as rejecting God is my choice, which comes with a penalty of damnation. God cannot judge someone who He ordained to sin against Him.
POTD :first:

I bolded my favorite part!

[ context ]

Status
Not open for further replies.