Knight's pick 05-10-2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by famousGandalf7
"But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law." -- Matthew 10:33-35

"I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?" -- Luke 12:49

"Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it. For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine. And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible." -- Isaiah 13:9-11

Now if we listened to the advice of 'peaceniks,' like shilohproject and Jimmy Carter, the earth would have long ago been ruled by conquering dictators: Hitler, Napoleon, Saddam Hussein, Kim Dae-jung, Khruschchev, Stalin, Lenin, King George, Mussolini, Muammar Gaddafi, Fidel Castro; just take your pick. Any of these punks, un-checked, would have us enslaved like Pharoh did to the Hebrews, or perhaps worse. If we have to go to war to protect peoples' freedoms, that is what God wants us to do. He doesn't want us to, 'turn the other cheek,' when our children are attacked, or our neighbors, for that matter. It is a personal instruction, which we allow others to call us names or slap us, and don't resort to their level in our response, which would demonstrate that their hateful act has spread to us and caused us to hate them. We are only forced to use force when there is no other choice. That is the difference between people who are civilized and people who are barbarians. The civilized use violence as a last resort, the barbarian makes it a lifestyle. Your line of thought is not only in error, it is silly. We are not tyrants or bullies, we are a force for good, and don't seek war, but don't buy the world's notion of 'peace,' either: "Peace, peace," where there is no peace.

Saying that there is no justification for war is like saying there is no value to anyone's life, they are just cattle, or cannon-fodder. "Kill millions Saddam, that's OK, we're Peace-niks, cuz Jesus said so." B-A-L-O-N-E-Y. You don't have any idea what you're talking about. :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.