Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Sibbie
Originally posted by beanieboy

My question is:
Is my prayer valid, in your opinion? A Buddhist praying to the Universe, as I call god?
No.
Does God hear it?
No.

John 9:31
Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

Have you, as a nonchristian, ever been in this type of situation?
Doesn't apply to me.

Is it disrespectful to pray in this casual manner?
I don't think there is anything wrong with casual conversation, but you should also have an words and an attitude of reverence.

Matthew 6
9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

This is the manner in which we should pray. We don't have to copy it word for word, though.

Is it disrespectful to pray to God if I don't believe in the Christian version of God?
Yes. You are mocking God. If I prayed to some other "god" that I didn't believe in, do you think that "god" would want to listen to me if I didn't love him/her/it and the words were said only to spare myself from the rebuke from others that believe in that "god"?
:first:

[ context ]

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:up: I thought she deserved POTD for that! Great pick, Knight!

Her follow-up post was really good, too. :second:

Go, the Sibbie! :sibbie:

C

cattyfan

Both of Sibbie's posts are excellent. It's a shame beanieboy listens with closed ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.