Justified by works !

beloved57

James 2:24,25

24Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

Are believers Justified by works ? Yes they are ! The true believer will always be justified by works, however thats only before men, not before before God. No work or works we do can Justify a believer before God, that is , His Law and Justice, wherein we are declared righteous before Him. See if that were so, we would have reason to boast. Abraham as it pertained to being Justified before God, wasnt Justified by works, for then he could glory or boast which scripture denies Rom 4:1-2

What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?

2For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

So when scripture says Abraham was justified by works as here James 2:21

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

Thats not referring to Justification before God to make him righteous, but a justification before men wherein he is vindicated that he is righteous, and even then, thats not to all men, but men who have Spiritual discernment and share in the faith of Gods elect.

Maintaining good works is good and profitable for men, not God Titus 3:8

8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Faith-Works-Love (By Themselves they are only principles) But together they are righteousness.

People are trying to make a conclusion out of pieces and parts. It cant be done. Faith alone won't get you to heaven. Works alone won't get you to heaven. Love alone won't get you to heaven. That is the only conclusion.

XXX If all you have to present to God is faith, YOU ARE NOTHING.
1 Cor 13:1-2

1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
James 2:14
14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?
James 2:17-18
17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
18 But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
James 2:24
24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.
James 2:26
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
Rom 16:26
26 but now has been made manifest, and by the prophetic Scriptures has been made known to all nations, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, for obedience to the faith--
(NKJ)

XXX You are saved by grace through faith. But that is NOT SALVATION. Faith only works through love.

Eph 2:8
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
(NKJ)

Luke 6:32-33
32 "But if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them.
33 "And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same.
(NKJ)

xxx Some stand on faith and some stand on works and some stand on love. They are all principles, they have to be together. So many on here are argueing just one point or part of a whole. You need to understand. Faith without works or love is dead. Works without faith or love is vanity. Love without faith or works is useless. Love is NOT AN EMOTION. Love is an action.

So many are running on blind faith. They dont even know what faith is. In reality their useing trust as faith. Their different. Your faith should be in what is written, all of it. But faith alone will NOT get you to heaven. Works alone will NOT get you to heaven. Love alone will not get you to heaven. What you need is the true faith in the Word of God. If you have the true faith in the Word of God you would try your best to do the works that are in the Word. Now love is NOT a feeling but an action. And the only way to learn what Godly love is would be to do the works. That is how you learn what love is by trying to do the works. In the Word that you have put your faith in.

Rom 5:1-4
1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance;
4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope.
Eph 2:18-20
18 For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.
19 Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God,
20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief corner stone,
Eph 3:12
12 in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him.
(NKJ)

xxx Do you have real faith, or blind faith?? The true faith only works through love. True love is to suffer wrongfully. Your real faith only works when you are suffering wrongfully.

Gal 5:6
6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love.
(NKJ)

1 Tim 1:5-6
5 Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith,
6 from which some, having strayed, have turned aside to idle talk,
(NKJ)

beloved57

The Justified are justified three ways in scripture,

First , they are Justified legally before God based on the Blood and Obedience of Jesus Christ Rom 5:9 ,19

9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

beloved57

Second, the Justified person is Justified before their own consciousness, or they are given a experiential spiritual knowledge , assurance of their Justification before God by God given Faith, that Faith which is the fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22, hence we have just defined Justification by Faith Rom 5:1

Nanja

Second, the Justified person is Justified before their own consciousness, or they are given a experiential spiritual knowledge , assurance of their Justification before God by God given Faith, that Faith which is the fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22, hence we have just defined Justification by Faith Rom 5:1

Amen, you certainly have !

The good works a person does before men is the blessed effect of his Justification before God by the death of Christ on his behalf. And God-given Faith in New Birth is the proof of His Election in Christ before the foundation of the world to have forgiveness of sins Eph. 1:3-7.

Rom. 8:33
Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

beloved57

Third, the Justified person is Justified before men[their brethern] by their works ! Thats Apostle James point here James 2:18-26

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
Notice the challenge here is that one shows another their faith by their works ! Thats what Justification by works means, its so others may see, not God !

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

In other words, this act of offering up Isaac [a work] was an evidence before men of His Justified state. The word Justified here is dikaioō and does mean :

1. to show, exhibit, evince, one to be righteous, such as he is and wishes himself to be considered

So works Justifies before men as they display, make evident, manifests ones Justified state before God unto men. So Jesus says to His hearers Matt 5:16

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

So not does True Faith Justify a man before his own conscious, but it will Justify the man before others by good works, that God has ordained for them to walk in Eph 2:10

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works,[How?] when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way? By doing this didnt make rahab the harlot righteous before God, but it gave a display before men that she had been Justified before God !

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The Justified are justified three ways in scripture,

First , they are Justified legally before God based on the Blood and Obedience of Jesus Christ Rom 5:9 ,19

9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

I said
His obedience doesn't justify us. Following His example justifies us. Which is our obedience.

[1Pe 2:19, 21-22
19 For this [is] commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully. ...
21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
22 "Who committed no sin, Nor was deceit found in His mouth";

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
That justified is only accomplished if one has crucified all their emotions. So that they can walk after the Spirit.

[1Pe 2:19, 21-22
19 For this [is] commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully. ...
21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
22 "Who committed no sin, Nor was deceit found in His mouth";

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Third, the Justified person is Justified before men[their brethern] by their works ! Thats Apostle James point here James 2:18-26

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
Notice the challenge here is that one shows another their faith by their works ! Thats what Justification by works means, its so others may see, not God !

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

In other words, this act of offering up Isaac [a work] was an evidence before men of His Justified state. The word Justified here is dikaioō and does mean :

1. to show, exhibit, evince, one to be righteous, such as he is and wishes himself to be considered

So works Justifies before men as they display, make evident, manifests ones Justified state before God unto men. So Jesus says to His hearers Matt 5:16

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

So not does True Faith Justify a man before his own conscious, but it will Justify the man before others by good works, that God has ordained for them to walk in Eph 2:10

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works,[How?] when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way? By doing this didnt make rahab the harlot righteous before God, but it gave a display before men that she had been Justified before God !

I said
There are many works that we must do inside also. That other men will never see. You can be justified in one area and not be justified in another. Nobody else will see you resisting the devil inside yourself. No man will see you bringing every thought in your own mind to the obedience of the new testament.

[Jas 4:7
7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

[2Co 10:4-5
4 For the weapons of our warfare [are] not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,

beloved57

squeaky

I said
His obedience doesn't justify us.

Denial of truth Rom 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

That word righteous is the same word for Just/justified ! So by His One act of Obedience many are Justified !

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
squeaky

Denial of truth Rom 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

That word righteous is the same word for Just/justified ! So by His One act of Obedience many are Justified !

I said
Only IF they keep His commandments and have learned from Jesus. You cant take one verse and think it covers the whole bible. Every verse is a principle. And it takes many principles to make a conclusion.

[Eph 4:21
21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus:

[1Jo 2:4
4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

beloved57

I said
Only IF they keep His commandments and have learned from Jesus. You cant take one verse and think it covers the whole bible. Every verse is a principle. And it takes many principles to make a conclusion.

[Eph 4:21
21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus:

4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
Denial of truth and rabbit trail

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

I said
ROFLOL If your going to believe one verse you must believe them all. If you are going to reject the verses I showed you then you must reject them all.

And just between me and you. What does denial of truth and rabbit trail mean?

beloved57

I said
ROFLOL If your going to believe one verse you must believe them all. If you are going to reject the verses I showed you then you must reject them all.

And just between me and you. What does denial of truth and rabbit trail mean?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
lolol Do you know what truth is? The verses I shared with you are the truth.

[Jhn 17:17-19
17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
18 "As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
19 "And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.

beloved57

I said
lolol Do you know what truth is? The verses I shared with you are the truth.

[Jhn 17:17-19
17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
18 "As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
19 "And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.

You were showed the truth in Rom 5:19 and you deny it !

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You were showed the truth in Rom 5:19 and you deny it !

I said
No I don't deny it. I understand it. Not so. I don't deny it, I believe many will be made righteous, through keeping Jesus' commandments.

Romans 5:19 (NKJV)

19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous.

beloved57

I said
No I don't deny it. I understand it. Not so. I don't deny it, I believe many will be made righteous, through keeping Jesus' commandments.

Romans 5:19 (NKJV)

19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous.

Denial of truth and rabbit trail Continues.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Oh! A proof texting thread! How fun!

Romans 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? No, but by the law of faith.

Romans 4:4 “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” 4 Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt.
5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, 6 just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works

Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Now, here's where you go about explaining to everyone how these (and probably a hundred others that I could have quoted) don't mean what seem to mean.

Ready! Go!

Nanja

Amen, it's only those Justified by the Blood Rom. 5:9 and Obedience of Christ on their behalf Rom. 5:19 which shall be Born of the Spirit and given Faith Gal. 5:22...Given the Spiritual ability to recognize their own conscious Justification before God Rom. 8:9, and also shown to be Justified before their Beloved Brethren in Christ by their fruit of Good Works Matt. 7:20.