Just when you thought it couldn't get worse for Democrats

Status
Not open for further replies.

musterion

Bill Clinton former Secretary of Labor Robert Reich talked about creating a third party if the Democratic Party does not move in a more progressive direction.

“The Democratic Party can no longer be the same; it has been repudiated,” Reich said on a conference call with members from the progressive grassroots group Democracy for America.

“This has been a huge refutation of establishment politics, and the political organization has got to be changed. … If the Democratic Party can’t do it, we’ll do it through a third party.”

The Democratic Party is in an all-out civil war between the more progressive wing of the party and the more corporate wing of the party.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presi...-robert-reich-threatens-creation-third-party/

Of course leftists are always made to see the light or else, and so will toe the party line sooner or later. And they shanked and bought off old Bernie something good. But the idea that there even COULD be a civil war among leftists...wow. Who could have imagined it?

:popcorn:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ever since the curtain was pulled back by Obama, they have taken beatings in the election. The 2012 Presidential was an anomaly because the GOP wrongly thought I will just vote for any body they put up. You put a left wing candidate, you lose elections. Not only did the DNC get curbstomped in the 2010 and 2014 midterms, they lost a bunch of governors and legislatures nationwide.

Last edited:

Danoh

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presi...-robert-reich-threatens-creation-third-party/

Of course leftists are always made to see the light or else, and so will toe the party line sooner or later. And they shanked and bought off old Bernie something good. But the idea that there even COULD be a civil war among leftists...wow. Who could have imagined it?

:popcorn:

Being that Reich is calling for that, and being that it would represent a major third party, perhaps they will name it in honor of that - the Third Reich :chuckle:

musterion

Ever since the curtain was pulled back by Obama, they have taken beatings in the election. The 2012 Presidential was an anomaly because the GOP wrongly thought I will just vote for any body they put up. You put a left wing candidate, you lose elections. Not only did the DNC get curbstomped in the 2010 and 201 midterms, they lost a bunch of governors and legislatures nationwide.

imrs.php

rexlunae

Reich, despite having been part of the Clinton administration, was a big Bernie supporter in the primary. And he's right. The Democratic party will do better with a populist, progressive, grassroots constitution. It would have been better if it had happened before the primary season was over, but I often suspected that the Democrats had to let Clinton lose one.

jeffblue101

Reich, despite having been part of the Clinton administration, was a big Bernie supporter in the primary. And he's right. The Democratic party will do better with a populist, progressive, grassroots constitution. It would have been better if it had happened before the primary season was over, but I often suspected that the Democrats had to let Clinton lose one.

well if a progressive agenda involves more job killing global warming policies than your party well forever be in a minority status.

Zeke

Voters never learn their vote doesn't count, the Donald will fill his appointments with old guard just like Obama, never mind he has no real power over those who allowed him to get elected, right wing christian are just as duped by the process as the liberal ones are, History prove that as does the problem reaction solution doctrine you have been living all you're persona lives under..

rexlunae

well if a progressive agenda involves more job killing global warming policies than your party well forever be in a minority status.

What's killing jobs isn't global warming, at this point. That's yet to come. But I'm sure I can't stop you from scapegoating it.

Trump gave a lot of easy reassurances. But there's no policy to back them. The reasons some of the Trump voters are out of work is a lot more complicated, and doesn't really have an easy solution. Trump can't fix it. Clinton couldn't either. But the policies that Trump has pushed, tax cuts for the rich, massive deficits, cutting government programs that do keep people out of poverty, are only going to make it worse. And I'll be interested to see if his supporters still like him so much in four years. I'd be thrilled to be wrong about that, but there's nothing that I know of to make me think that I am.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
What's killing jobs isn't global warming, at this point. That's yet to come. But I'm sure I can't stop you from scapegoating it.

Trump gave a lot of easy reassurances. But there's no policy to back them. The reasons some of the Trump voters are out of work is a lot more complicated, and doesn't really have an easy solution. Trump can't fix it. Clinton couldn't either. But the policies that Trump has pushed, tax cuts for the rich, massive deficits, cutting government programs that do keep people out of poverty, are only going to make it worse. And I'll be interested to see if his supporters still like him so much in four years. I'd be thrilled to be wrong about that, but there's nothing that I know of to make me think that I am.
I bet you thought Hellary was going to win, so you are wrong quite a bit lately. You're wrong about Trump too.

musterion

This is a true to life Frankennstein story, but Trump is not the monster. The Democrat base is.

Stay where they are...run an establishment type again...and they enrage the base and continue to lose exactly as they just lost with Clinton.

Move toward the center and be seen as aping Trump, which admits they were wrong. Can’t do that.

Either tactic turns their own carefully cultivated rage base against them.

This is what happens when you ride the tiger of spending decades fueling young people’s worldview on outrage…your programmed supporters internalize it and won’t stay in line unless YOU can keep delivering that delicious rage YOU told them to feel.

Democrats now have NO choice but go hard Left. They created this monster and now answer to it or they will be destroyed by it.

That means the best possible thing they can hope for is an utter conservative failure that can be laid upon Trump. So they're going to do everything they can to make that happen, or seem to be happening. Said it before but what we saw when Bush was in office is nothing compared to what's coming. Be ready for it.

rexlunae

I bet you thought Hellary was going to win, so you are wrong quite a bit lately. You're wrong about Trump too.

I thought it was more likely than not. I didn't dismiss the possibility. But then, so did most people, including, reportedly, most of the Trump campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.