JUST IN: Celebrity physician Dr. Oz says he is running for Senate in Pennsylvania as a Republican.

JUST IN: Celebrity physician Dr. Oz says he is running for Senate in Pennsylvania as a Republican.

Well-known celebrity physician Mehmet Oz on Tuesday declared his candidacy for the Senate in Pennsylvania, joining a competitive Republican primary field in the crucial battleground state.

The announcement by the 61-year old Oz – a cardiac surgeon, author and host of TV’s "Dr. Oz Show" – was widely expected as he’s already been assembling a campaign staff in the 2022 race to succeed retiring GOP Sen. Pat Toomey. The high-profile Senate contest could ultimately decide if the Democrats hold on to their razor-thin majority in the chamber.

"Pennsylvania needs a conservative who will put America first, one who can reignite our divine spark, bravely fight for freedom, and tell it like it is. That's why I'm running for Senate," Oz said in a statement announcing his candidacy.

TRUMP BACKED SENATE CANDIDATE'S PENNSYLVANIA SENATE RACE EXIT ROCKS GOP PRIMARY

Oz will sit down for his first national interview as a Senate candidate on Tuesday evening on Fox News’ "Hannity." Host Sean Hannity teased Oz's appearance at the end of his Monday night program, saying that he had a "huge announcement" and hinted "think midterm election."

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Dr. Oz would make a better senator than most of the current Republican birdbrains in office. I hope he wins!

Gary K

Banned
With Marxism on the rise and the nation's destruction is nigh, right now anyone who gives control of the senate to the GOP is okay with me.
So you think someone who spent all those years with Oprah the marxist doesn't think much the same way she does? The Republican party is controlled by RINOs and you don't care how many more of them there are?

So you think someone who spent all those years with Oprah the marxist doesn't think much the same way she does?

Sounds liike the argument that the swamp made against Trump.

His current policy positions are what matter. Trump was awesome despite his past. People change.

His current policy positions are what matter.

Last edited:

Gary K

Banned
Sounds liike the argument that the swamp made against Trump.

His current policy positions are what matter.. What you or I think is of no matter. Trump was awesome despite his past. People change.

His current policy positions are what matter.
Yeah, and who guaranteed that we would get the "vaccines" that we now have which are killing and maiming thousands of people every day? Seems to me that is none other than Donald J. Trump. And he's gone on to urge people who follow him to get "vaccinated".

I don't know about you, but I can not ignore that kind of betrayal.

Official Positions:

Dr. Oz is a successful heart surgeon – he has literally held a beating heart in his hands. He knows how precious life is and is 100% Pro-Life.

President Biden’s reckless spending has led to inflation – increasing the price of everything from gas to groceries. His shutdowns and failed economic policies have disrupted our supply chains. And his reluctance to fully confront China and support energy independence has left us in a weak position. Dr. Oz believes that restoring America’s economy begins by focusing on the problems we face here at home – and reversing Biden’s failed agenda.

Yeah, and who guaranteed that we would get the "vaccines" that we now have which are killing and maiming thousands of people every day? Seems to me that is none other than Donald J. Trump. And he's gone on to urge people who follow him to get "vaccinated".

I don't know about you, but I can not ignore that kind of betrayal.

Up yours. Trump was the greatest president in 100 years. If you don't like Trump then I don't like you.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
So you think someone who spent all those years with Oprah the marxist doesn't think much the same way she does? The Republican party is controlled by RINOs and you don't care how many more of them there are?
In an interview on Fox News after announcing his run, Oz elaborated on his friendship with Oprah Winfrey, a well-known Democrat.

Oz said he asked Winfrey for advice on his decision to run.

“She told me to follow my heart,” Oz said. “She’s been a wonderful mentor to me, fairest woman I’ve ever worked with, and a great, sage adviser of mine. I’ll be calling her and asking her for advice and [be] interested in her comments.