John 17:3

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
How many true Gods are there?

I said
God is a title of authority. There is only one God(capital G)there are lots of little g gods. Devils.

John 17:1-3

1 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You,
2 "as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 8:5-6
5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords),
6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.
(NKJ)

Bradley D

How many true Gods are there?

"Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high" (Hebrews 1:3)

I believe in one God whom Jesus told us call Father in prayer. The mystery of Jesus' divinity as God's son and the Holy Spirit shall remain a mystery till the end when all are taken up from this earth. I believe Jesus is "the exact expression of His substance" (Berean Study Bible). How that works I have no idea. The 1st Commandment tells me there is only one God. I live by that commandment.