Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Jim's Brother the Adulterer

Wednesday May 10th, 2006. This is show # 93.

BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:
(From Jim Schofield)
The reason that so many Christians deal with a large degree of sin in their lives is because they don't know who they are in Christ. They don't understand what change has taken place in their life. Even if they've experienced it to some degree they begin to doubt it because they don't have good doctrinal foundation, they don't understand what scripture says about they way that our lives are changed when Christ comes into our life, that we're a new creation.

...They still think their identity is the person they used to be. And their identity now is Christ. So if a person believes, "Well, I'm the guy who lies to his boss whenever he's late and goes down once a month to the convenience store and gets an adult magazine and then throws it away by the time I get home. I'm the guy who does that," that's his identity. Then guess what he's going to do? That's what he's going to do. It's going to be a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Summary:
* The Tom Cruise nose dive continues to hurt MI:3 at the box office with a huge drop of 72% in revenues from its third to fourth day.
* Jo Scott reports on what we view as the hatred of pro-abort State Representatives toward Gianna Jessen once they learned she survived being aborted by Planned Parenthood.
* Godisnowhere.org's Jim Schofield relates the utter devastation his brother's adultery has wrought upon the whole family, discussing whether or not he was saved (a true Christian) to begin with (yes, he was). We also describe how under the law by good works, you must first forgive others before God will forgive you, but under grace, you are first forgiven, and THEN you can forgive others.
* Ron from Colorado Springs has an idiosyncratic view on divorce that Bob attempts to deconstruct.
* Joe from Noblesville IN asked Bob and Jim to talk through the issue of God's character and will, and that God does right because He chooses to do right, not because He is unable to do otherwise.
* Today's Resource: Subscribe to the Sunday Sermons and ask for a bonus CD of Bob's message on Israel the Bride! You'll love it or your money back!

Sozo

The reason that so many Christians deal with a large degree of sin in their lives is because they don't know who they are in Christ. They don't understand what change has taken place in their life. Even if they've experienced it to some degree they begin to doubt it because they don't have good doctrinal foundation, they don't understand what scripture says about they way that our lives are changed when Christ comes into our life, that we're a new creation.

...They still think their identity is the person they used to be. And their identity now is Christ. So if a person believes, "Well, I'm the guy who lies to his boss whenever he's late and goes down once a month to the convenience store and gets an adult magazine and then throws it away by the time I get home. I'm the guy who does that," that's his identity. Then guess what he's going to do? That's what he's going to do. It's going to be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Beautiful!!! Brilliant!!! :BRAVO:

Who is this guy?

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Sozo said:
Beautiful!!! Brilliant!!! :BRAVO:

Who is this guy?
Check out www.godisnowhere.org and you can read some articles he wrote. He's been on BEL a few other times too. I've met him and talked through instant messages a few times. Very sharp guy in my humble opinion.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
From the Tom Cruise nose dive article:

If the [box-office] numbers [for Mission: Impossible 3] keep bottoming out as we head toward Friday, then Warner Bros. will be relieved. "Poseidon" might have a strong opening despite being awful.

"...despite being awful." :rotfl:

Joe Roberts

BANNED
Banned
Lighthouse said:
AMC is airing the original The Poseidon Adventure tonight.

I bought the original Poseidon Adventure yesterday on DVD. It’s a great movie. I also can’t want for the new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.