Jihadists murder Russian Ambassador to Turkey

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nuke em. Give the US time to pull out forever and do it. The US has made many critical mistake and they are just waiting. They are giving jobs to muslims where they should not.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So, a 22-year-old Turk takes revenge on a Russian diplomat for Russian misdeeds in Aleppo. And you would have revenge on all of Turkey for the life of that one man.

Turkey let a jihadist on/near diplomatic missions. Clearly you have not been paying attention to what muslims say.

rexlunae

Turkey let a jihadist on/near diplomatic missions.

He wasn't a jihadist. He was a policeman. This isn't the right way to deal with any of this, and it doesn't justify murder. Diplomats must be protected by law, even if they represent reprehensible powers. However, the grievance that he raised with Russia is completely valid, and in some sense, Russia's ignoring the human rights of people in Aleppo invites these sorts of attacks.

Clearly you have not been paying attention to what muslims say.

Have you been watching what the Russians have been doing?

rexlunae

There's a real viciousness and inhumanity coming over the whole world, and a new tribalism. Nations brutalize their own people, and the only people who get help are the oppressors. It's been happening in the Muslim world for a while, but it's now coming to Europe and America. Real progress on human rights is vanishing and quickly. I think that's probably the most terrifying trend right now. Nick has always been the vanguard of that movement.

The Berean

There's a real viciousness and inhumanity coming over the whole world, and a new tribalism. Nations brutalize their own people, and the only people who get help are the oppressors. It's been happening in the Muslim world for a while, but it's now coming to Europe and America. Real progress on human rights is vanishing and quickly. I think that's probably the most terrifying trend right now. Nick has always been the vanguard of that movement.
Inhumanity never went away. Tribalism never went away. People for the most part are drawn to tribalism, stick to their own kind. No amount of humanism, secularism, liberalism, feminism, or multiculturalism can override human nature or thousands of years of human culture. All these -isms are an anathema to human nature.

Sent from my SM-G920V using TheologyOnline mobile app

rexlunae

Inhumanity never went away. Tribalism never went away. People for the most part are drawn to tribalism, stick to their own kind. No amount of humanism, secularism, liberalism, feminism, or multiculturalism can override human nature or thousands of years of human culture. All these -isms are an anathema to human nature.

Nonsense. That's as inevitable as we make it, collectively. There's been a lot of constructive international integration in the last century. And I wouldn't really count on our species to survive if we fall back into absolute tribalism.

The Berean

Nonsense. That's as inevitable as we make it, collectively. There's been a lot of constructive international integration in the last century. And I wouldn't really count on our species to survive if we fall back into absolute tribalism.
Are you talking about the 20th century? You mean the century that had two world wars, the rise of communism, fascism, and rise of other countless totalitarian states like North Korea, China, etc.? Really? Lots of global co-operation there!

Sent from my SM-G920V using TheologyOnline mobile app

rexlunae

Are you talking about the 20th century? You mean the century that had two world wars,

After each of which, international diplomatic integration increased markedly.

...the rise of communism, fascism, and rise of other countless totalitarian states like North Korea, China, etc.?

I count it as a major victory of world diplomatic integration that we survived the Cold War without a nuclear exchange. And can you name a time when North Korea or China were not totalitarian states?

Really? Lots of global co-operation there!

Yes, indeed. I'd hate to go through another Cold War without it.