JESUS: "God With Us and God for Us"

Robert Pate

Banned
I am not sure where I heard that "Jesus is God with us and God for us" but I like it because it's true. "God was in Christ reconciling us and the world unto himself" 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. God was in Christ doing for us that which we cannot do for ourselves. All that Jesus is and all that Jesus did was for us. Jesus did not come into the world to live for himself, Jesus came into the world to live for us. It was his righteous sinless life that was lived for our justification, Romans 3:26.

God's holy law demands a life of perfect obedience according to his holy law. Paul tells us, "That there is none righteous, no, not one, For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:10,23. How then can a sinner be at peace with a holy God? If there is none righteous and if all have sinned, how then can a sinful person be justified?

Before God created the heavens and the earth it was God's plan that sinful humanity would be redeemed by his Son Jesus Christ. Jesus comes into the world as God's new Adam and our new humanity, 2 Corinthians 5:17. Jesus was truly God with us and God for us. In our name and on our behalf, Jesus fulfills every jot and tittle of God's holy law, Matthew 5:18. It was just like we fulfilled it our selves. This is why Christians are no longer subject to the law. To be under the law is to be under condemnation, Romans 8:1. To live according to laws and rules is a denial that Jesus has fulfilled and has abolished the law for us, Ephesians 2:15.

The fulfillment of the law was not enough. Something had to be done about man's sins and the sins of the whole world. This is why, "God has made him (Jesus) to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" 2 Corinthians 5:21. As far as God is concerned sin, death and the devil have been abolished. Jesus now victoriously sits at the right hand of God (a place of honor and respect) as the "King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16. This is why Paul could say, "You are complete in him" Colossians 2:10.

The law has been fulfilled and abolished. Sin and the sins of the whole world have been atoned for, 1 John 2:2. There is nothing left for us to do but to live by faith. Faith in the work and the person of Jesus Christ. Our purpose in life now is to be witnesses for Christ and his Gospel, so that others can come to know Christ and his Gospel and be saved.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I am not sure where I heard that "Jesus is God with us and God for us" but I like it because it's true.
Spoiler
"God was in Christ reconciling us and the world unto himself" 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. God was in Christ doing for us that which we cannot do for ourselves. All that Jesus is and all that Jesus did was for us. Jesus did not come into the world to live for himself, Jesus came into the world to live for us. It was his righteous sinless life that was lived for our justification, Romans 3:26.

God's holy law demands a life of perfect obedience according to his holy law. Paul tells us, "That there is none righteous, no, not one, For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:10,23. How then can a sinner be at peace with a holy God? If there is none righteous and if all have sinned, how then can a sinful person be justified?

Before God created the heavens and the earth it was God's plan that sinful humanity would be redeemed by his Son Jesus Christ. Jesus comes into the world as God's new Adam and our new humanity, 2 Corinthians 5:17. Jesus was truly God with us and God for us. In our name and on our behalf, Jesus fulfills every jot and tittle of God's holy law, Matthew 5:18. It was just like we fulfilled it our selves. This is why Christians are no longer subject to the law. To be under the law is to be under condemnation, Romans 8:1. To live according to laws and rules is a denial that Jesus has fulfilled and has abolished the law for us, Ephesians 2:15.

The fulfillment of the law was not enough. Something had to be done about man's sins and the sins of the whole world. This is why, "God has made him (Jesus) to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" 2 Corinthians 5:21. As far as God is concerned sin, death and the devil have been abolished. Jesus now victoriously sits at the right hand of God (a place of honor and respect) as the "King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16. This is why Paul could say, "You are complete in him" Colossians 2:10.

The law has been fulfilled and abolished. Sin and the sins of the whole world have been atoned for, 1 John 2:2. There is nothing left for us to do but to live by faith. Faith in the work and the person of Jesus Christ. Our purpose in life now is to be witnesses for Christ and his Gospel, so that others can come to know Christ and his Gospel and be saved.

Amen!

Fulfilled in Christ and only waiting for the "Unmerciful". (John 5:45)

Now we're just waiting for (Acts 1:11-12; Zechariah 14:4 or Luke 23:43)

0: )

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
John 16:8-11

I'm looking forward to your response and wasn't trying to cut into your cheddar... I just couldn't resist

...of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged. (John 16:11)

The ruler of this world has judged himself by his words and actions, and he will die.

He has a real chance of dying forever.

Robert Pate

Banned
So you believe in a temporary atonement for unbelievers then?

"Jesus is Lord" The reason that Jesus is Lord is because he has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil. God now sees ALL THINGS in Christ. All sin has been atoned for. Not for just some sins, but all sins.
You might say that Jesus is Lord over sin. He can now do with as he pleases. He can impute it back to unbelievers if he so desires. This is what will happen in the judgment, he will impute sin back to unbelievers and then condemn them to hell, Romans 4:8.

fishrovmen

"Jesus is Lord" The reason that Jesus is Lord is because he has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil. God now sees ALL THINGS in Christ. All sin has been atoned for. Not for just some sins, but all sins.
You might say that Jesus is Lord over sin. He can now do with as he pleases. He can impute it back to unbelievers if he so desires. This is what will happen in the judgment, he will impute sin back to unbelievers and then condemn them to hell, Romans 4:8.

So are you saying that the sins that wronged the Father were satisfied by Jesus so that Jesus can now claim them as wrongs against Himself?

Robert Pate

Banned
So are you saying that the sins that wronged the Father were satisfied by Jesus so that Jesus can now claim them as wrongs against Himself?

All sin has been atoned for. If there was one sin not atoned for Jesus would not be in heaven at the right hand of God, Hebrews 1:3. The only thing that are wrongs against Christ are unbelievers, that will be dealt with in the judgment.

fishrovmen

All sin has been atoned for. If there was one sin not atoned for Jesus would not be in heaven at the right hand of God, Hebrews 1:3. The only thing that are wrongs against Christ are unbelievers, that will be dealt with in the judgment.

So I take that as a "yes"?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
He can impute it back to unbelievers if he so desires. This is what will happen in the judgment, he will impute sin back to unbelievers and then condemn them to hell, Romans 4:8.

Garbage. Jesus Christ is not a double-dealer. Once he pays for a sin it is paid for, gone forever. not even a memory.

Where do you come up with such monstrous and alien ideas?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The only thing that are wrongs against Christ are unbelievers, that will be dealt with in the judgment.

How so? Please explain.

Are you suggesting that Christ will raise people from the dead so that he can kill them?

Robert Pate

Banned
Garbage. Jesus Christ is not a double-dealer. Once he pays for a sin it is paid for, gone forever. not even a memory.

Where do you come up with such monstrous and alien ideas?

If that were the case everyone would be saved, even Christ rejectors.

The Bible plainly teaches that Jesus has atoned for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

But nothing is ours until it is received, John 1:12.

Jesus can and will impute sin back to unbelievers.

fishrovmen

If that were the case everyone would be saved, even Christ rejectors.

The Bible plainly teaches that Jesus has atoned for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

But nothing is ours until it is received, John 1:12.

Jesus can and will impute sin back to unbelievers.

And there it is...Pates confession of a limited atonement!!

Robert Pate

Banned
And there it is...Pates confession of a limited atonement!!

My doctrine supports the holy, just, merciful, righteous nature of God.

Calvinism which you embrace, makes God a mean, cruel tyrant that delights in sending people to hell.

He cannot be trusted.

fishrovmen

My doctrine supports the holy, just, merciful, righteous nature of God.

Calvinism which you embrace, makes God a mean, cruel tyrant that delights in sending people to hell.

He cannot be trusted.
Translation: My " god" is a product of my own making that I worship dearly. My doctrine has been found blasphemous and appalling and I have no defense, so I go about my famous course of action which is to make up stuff and accuse everyone else and revel in the hope that the god of my making is blind and can't see how hypocritical I am.
When my idol finally opens its eyes it will love the fact that I alone have the so-called historical gospel, and have labeled everyone who doesn't agree with me as a Catholic or Calvinist.