Jerry avoided this question.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You can answer it here now Jerry.

What are the better promises--

Heb 8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;
Heb 8:2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.
Heb 8:3 For every high priest is ordained to offer gifts and sacrifices: wherefore it is of necessity that this man have somewhat also to offer.
Heb 8:4 For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law:
Heb 8:5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.
Heb 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

and the second question is like unto the first--

Heb 11:39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:
Heb 11:40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

What is the better thing?

LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You can answer it here now Jerry.

What are the better promises--

Heb 8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;
Heb 8:2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.
Heb 8:3 For every high priest is ordained to offer gifts and sacrifices: wherefore it is of necessity that this man have somewhat also to offer.
Heb 8:4 For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law:
Heb 8:5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.
Heb 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

Heb 11:39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:
Heb 11:40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

LA

Jerry probably avoided it because the book of Hebrews pertained to Hebrews.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jerry probably avoided it because the book of Hebrews pertained to Hebrews.

You do not know the answers because you are not in the new covenant mediated by Jesus Christ.

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You do not know the answers because you are not in the new covenant mediated by Jesus Christ.

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

:chuckle:

john w

Hall of Fame
LALost has avoided 666 questions, since 1/1/2017.

Acts 2, which this drone, deceiving Christ rejector, selectively quotes...

Why don't you sell everything, and have all things in common, per Acts 2?

Watch the spin, non response, spam of irrelevant verses, highlighted in yellow, with no explanation.

Watch...

Jerry Shugart

Let us look at this verse:

"But now he hath obtained a better ministry, by how much also he is a mediator of a better testament (diatheke), which is established on better promises"
(Heb.8:6).​

In order to understand the meaning of the "better promises" we must look at this passage which speak of a "better testament" (diatheke):

"For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God. And inasmuch as not without an oath he was made priest: (For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec) By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament (diatheke)" (Heb.7:19-22).​

What is the "better hope"? When we examine what is said earlier about the "hope" it is evident that the hope is the Lord Jesus as High Priest:

"That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil; Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec"
(Heb.6:18-20).​

Now let us look again at what is said about the particular diatheke in the passage I previously quoted:

"The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec) By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament (diatheke)" (Heb.7:21-22).​

Those who rely on the suretyship of the Lord Jesus are those who receive salvation according to the terms of the gospel, the better diatheke which is the Lord Jesus' "Last will and Testament." The Lord Jesus is the security and the pledge that those who believe the gospel are saved and will remain saved despite the sins which we commit after being saved. And just three verses later we read the following about our High Priest:

"Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them"
(Heb.7:25).

The OT saints have not yet realized their eschatological hopes. On the other hand, the LORD has planned something better for us Christians. it is better for us that the future hopes the OT saints were looking for have been delayed because only in that way we can now experience becoming one with the Messiah.

Now please answer your own questions so we can know what you are thinking.

Thanks!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Let us look at this verse:

"But now he hath obtained a better ministry, by how much also he is a mediator of a better testament (diatheke), which is established on better promises"
(Heb.8:6).​

In order to understand the meaning of the "better promises" we must look at this passage which speak of a "better testament" (diatheke):

"For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God. And inasmuch as not without an oath he was made priest: (For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec) By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament (diatheke)" (Heb.7:19-22).​

What is the "better hope"? When we examine what is said earlier about the "hope" it is evident that the hope is the Lord Jesus as High Priest:

"That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil; Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec"
(Heb.6:18-20).​

Now let us look again at what is said about the particular diatheke in the passage I previously quoted:

"The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec) By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament (diatheke)" (Heb.7:21-22).​

Those who rely on the suretyship of the Lord Jesus are those who receive salvation according to the terms of the gospel, the better diatheke which is the Lord Jesus' "Last will and Testament." The Lord Jesus is the security and the pledge that those who believe the gospel are saved and will remain saved despite the sins which we commit after being saved. And just three verses later we read the following about our High Priest:

"Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them"
(Heb.7:25).

The OT saints have not yet realized their eschatological hopes. On the other hand, the LORD has planned something better for us Christians. it is better for us that the future hopes the OT saints were looking for have been delayed because only in that way we can now experience becoming one with the Messiah.

Now please answer your own questions so we can know what you are thinking.

Thanks!

Col 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
Col 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

2Pe 1:2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
2Pe 1:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
2Pe 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
2Pe 1:5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
2Pe 1:6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
2Pe 1:7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
2Pe 1:8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2Pe 1:9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
2Pe 1:10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
2Pe 1:11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

.1Pe 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: 1Pe 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
1Pe 1:12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

No believer of the OT was ever a temple of the Holy Spirit.

Many believers today are not either.

LA

Jerry Shugart

No believer of the OT was ever a temple of the Holy Spirit.

In the OT the Jews were a special people unto the LORD, above all people who are on the face of the earth (Deut.7:6).

But in the present dispensation there are no special people unto the LORD except for the members of the Body of Christ. And in the Body there is no distinction between the Jews and anyone else (Gal.3:27-28). All those in the Body are on the same level.

But in the future the LORD will once again deal with Israel in the same manner as before. And this prophecy will be fulfilled when that happens:

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more"
(Jer.31:31-34).​

In this passage we can see that the "fathers" of those who will be in both the house of Israel and the house of Judah are the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Their "fathers" broke the LORD's covenant and it was the physical descendants of Jacob who did that. Therefore, since their fathers are the physical descendants of Jacob then those of both the house of Israel and the house of Judah will also be the same physical descendants.

So these verses prove that sometime in the FUTURE all of the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob who will belong to both houses will be saved.

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
And Paul was a Hebrew. Did the scriptures pertain to Paul?

Good question ... it looks like no one can answer it.

Jesus said he was only sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Was Paul and those who follow his teachings part of the house of Israel?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In the OT the Jews were a special people unto the LORD, above all people who are on the face of the earth (Deut.7:6).

But in the present dispensation there are no special people unto the LORD except for the members of the Body of Christ. And in the Body there is no distinction between the Jews and anyone else (Gal.3:27-28). All those in the Body are on the same level.

But in the future the LORD will once again deal with Israel in the same manner as before.

That can not be because it would be undoing the work of Gods Son, in re-creating a division which He has already healed both between the houses of Judah and Israel and Jew and Gentile in His Household.

LA

Jerry Shugart

That can not be because it would be undoing the work of Gods Son, in re-creating a division which He has already healed both between the houses of Judah and Israel and Jew and Gentile in His Household.

Then look at Jeremiah 31:31-34 and tell me what I said here about that passage which is in error:

In this passage we can see that the "fathers" of those who will be in both the house of Israel and the house of Judah are the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Their "fathers" broke the LORD's covenant and it was the physical descendants of Jacob who did that. Therefore, since their fathers are the physical descendants of Jacob then those of both the house of Israel and the house of Judah will also be the same physical descendants.

So these verses prove that sometime in the FUTURE all of the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob who will belong to both houses will be saved.

If your ideas are right then you will have no problem pointing to something which I said and telling me where I made an error.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Then look at Jeremiah 31:31-34 and tell me what I said here about that passage which is in error:

If your ideas are right then you will have no problem pointing to something which I said and telling me where I made an error.

You could not deal with your obvious error when I said--

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy afternoon View Post

You forget that most of the seed of Abraham were and still are the enemies of God, and will never repent.

Rom 11:2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,
Rom 11:3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.
Rom 11:4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
Rom 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
Rom 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
Rom 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded
Rom 11:8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.
Rom 11:9 And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:
Rom 11:10 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.

LA

Jerry Shugart

You could not deal with your obvious error when I said-

All you are doing is dodging my question. I asked you to look at what I said here and then tell me exactly what I said that you think is in error:

If anything which I said is in error then tell me exactly what you think is in error.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
All you are doing is dodging my question. I asked you to look at what I said here and then tell me exactly what I said that you think is in error:

If anything which I said is in error then tell me exactly what you think is in error.

The point is that God has already healed the divisions in His House at the cross.

but you want the flesh of Israel to be joined together at some future time.

None can repent in the surviving generation after Christ's return, for the reason that the unrepentant can not survive the wrath of God.

Rev 22:10 And he said to me, "Do not seal the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is at hand.
Rev 22:11 He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still."
Rev 22:12 "And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.
Rev 22:13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last."
Rev 22:14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.
Rev 22:15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.
Rev 22:16 "I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star."
Rev 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.
Rev 22:18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
Rev 22:19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Originally Posted by Lazy afternoon View Post

LA