ECT Jer 18-19 saying the same

Interplanner

Whether God redoes the pottery while making it (18) or smashes a finished piece (19), it is the same. 'If a nation does evil in my sight and does not obey me, then I will reconsider the good I had intended to do.' God does not lie. He keeps integrity.

Acts 2-3 contained the ultimate warning to Israel, to which the footnotes are the letter to the Hebrews: listen to, and work in , the mission of my Messenger--my new Moses--or be extirpated.

SaulToPaul 2

:yawn:

The prophets are saturated with the idea of Israel's rebellion, fall, casting away, and then regathering.

Deal with it.

Interplanner

:yawn:

The prophets are saturated with the idea of Israel's rebellion, fall, casting away, and then regathering.

Deal with it.

Actually you missed that they envision two opposite things happening at the end: the destruction of the place and the continuance of those who have faith, with all those who have faith from all nations, in Christ. Most clearly in Dan 9 and throughout many images of Isaiah. Malachi finalizes with the burning of the threshing floor, which John B starts with (perfect linking, I'd say). That's why the last message TO THE HEBREWS is the very ground will be burnt because of their unbelief. It was, in the destruction of Israel in that generation, knowledge of which is banished by D'ism in general. Mt 22:7, Heb 6:8, Lk 23:31 (it will be burned when dry), I Th 2:16.