ECT Is Reformed Theology Genuine Sola Scripture?

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
I profess myself a Christian that rejects doctrines of men, but exalts the supremacy of Jesus and the Quickening of the Holy Spirit.

Saved by Jesus, the Son of God and Man, Fully God and unto us as the Second Adam. I exalt Jesus Alone and Seek to Challenge that the Red Letters are Supreme in Scripture.

Acts 11:26

Reformed Theology is influenced by the Reformation, which started In 1517 and historically concluded in 1685.

A solid site to reference about it is http://protestantism.co.uk/timeline.html

The principles of Sola or Alone were numbered in 5 at the conclusion of the Reformation.

They too can be seen on the site I have linked above.

(Grace Alone)
(Faith Alone)
(Christ Alone)
(Scripture Alone)
(Glory to God Alone)

The beauty of the reformation and it's result was that mankind was introduced to the right to a personal relationship with God through personal study in Christ.

The actual 66 book bible, Christians enjoy today, is a result of the final canonization of scripture, which occurred in 95 A.D. At the closing warning of Revelation. (More factors about this, but this is the bottom line)

Now here comes the BIG point.

Jesus said:

John 5:39. New King James Version (NKJV)

39 You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.

And the epistle 1 John says:

1 John 2:27 New King James Version (NKJV)

27 But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will[a] abide in Him.

1. Does reformed Theology recognize the supremacy of Jesus' teachings to All other scripture?

2. Does modern Christianity understand that the anointing of the Holy Spirit guides individuals through scripture in their personal walk with Jesus?

3. Is it genuinely healthy to elect men's commentaries as guides through scripture in place of the Holy Spirit?

4. Does modern Christianity understand that salvational judgment of any kind is taught to be destructive by Christ and that the Love of Jesus in word and deed is to be extended to ALL peoples despite their sins or fleshly characteristics, expectance or rejection of Jesus?

5. Lastly, are modern Christians encouraged to read Matthew 25's division of the sheep and the goats with understanding that Jesus doesn't make His final division of humanity based on scriptural understanding or religious profession?

We must be Vigilant, lest we find we've replaced our precious Son of God and Man, with the words of mere men bound to His grace.

God forbid our ears grow deaf to our shepherd.

1beaecae9a0778f979d987a484bc0728.jpg

Sent from my iPad using TOL

Last edited:

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Is Reformed Theology Genuine Sola Scripture?

Saved how? I believe this is extremely important, or Paul would not have worded it the way he does.

Unbending Faith in The Son's work of fulfilling the Law of stone. This Faith allows me to Abide in His Love and thus yields the fruits of the Spirit.

More?

Or good enough?

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Is Reformed Theology Genuine Sola Scripture?

He died for your sin. That is the main point.

On that note...

1 Corinthians 15:55-57 KJV)

55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Amen!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
1 Corinthians 15

3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Oh my goodness, no stopping this one from taking off! [emoji52]

Sent from my iPad using TOL Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Lol.... Not even a reasonable argument?

At least someone can say it better!

Sent from my iPad using TOL Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Yes, the Son magnified the law written on stone and made it full, filling it up and making it honorable.

Do you mean making it honorable, as in He kept it perfectly for us.

Or do you mean He made it a reference to follow by exposition on the sermon on the mount?