Is it possible for a non-liar to be elected POTUS?

commonsense

As a friend and neighbour watching the presidential election with interest, I'm wondering if a truly open, honest person could ever find themselves elected to any high office in America (or Canada for that matter). It seems that every incident and situation needs to be massaged and manipulated and distorted for maximum personal gain and to fend off the (lying) attacks of one's opponent. All this under the gaze of digital social media. The lying is so blatant and continuous that one lie doesn't have time to be thoroughly vetted before we're overwhelmed by 2 or 3 more. And yet one has to respond to attacks from an opponent and if the truth takes a hit?....We used to have saying at work years ago...I'll just use initials- BBB!:plain:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
As a friend and neighbour watching the presidential election with interest, I'm wondering if a truly open, honest person could ever find themselves elected to any high office in America (or Canada for that matter). It seems that every incident and situation needs to be massaged and manipulated and distorted for maximum personal gain and to fend off the (lying) attacks of one's opponent. All this under the gaze of digital social media. The lying is so blatant and continuous that one lie doesn't have time to be thoroughly vetted before we're overwhelmed by 2 or 3 more. And yet one has to respond to attacks from an opponent and if the truth takes a hit?....We used to have saying at work years ago...I'll just use initials- BBB!:plain:

No, it isnt possible. If they aren't a liar when they enter politics, they will eventually become one, its the nature of the game.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Is it possible for a non-liar to be elected POTUS?

When you have an electorate that doesn't reward candidates for telling the truth - what would you expect?

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Trudeau is a liar - :chuckle:

LOL! I love it when you're the second poster in a thread. :)

In politics there are lies and then there are LIES. Some lies don't really hurt anything are almost expected. But lies that are meant to cover-up crimes and corruption are bad, and those are the ones Hillary tells without a care in the world.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

In politics there are lies and then there are LIES. Some lies don't really hurt anything are almost expected. But lies that are meant to cover-up crimes and corruption are bad, and those are the ones Hillary tells without a care in the world.
That's right exactly !!! I'm glad that you see that from Canada, I hope all Americans see the same thing -

quip

BANNED
Banned

This tolls the suspicious bell of relative morality...I thought you were a crusader for god?

commonsense

I wonder if Trump was lying when he was the President of the Birthers or is he lying now, having admitted his previous grievous error, for political expediency. Or just maybe, (Is it possible?), some commonsense finally permeated his twisted, confused, blustering, blundering brain.:confused:

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
I wonder if Trump was lying when he was the President of the Birthers or is he lying now, having admitted his previous grievous error, for political expediency. Or just maybe, (Is it possible?), some commonsense finally permeated his twisted, confused, blustering, blundering brain.:confused:

You're a moron.

There was plenty of anecdotal evidence out there that could cause a reasonable person to ask where Obama was born. His relatives said he was born in Kenya, Kenyan officials said he was born in Kenya, his college said he was a foreign exchange student, etc. etc..... that is enough to make a fair minded person ask the question. Its jerks like you who made something reasonable sound kooky.

Go crawl back under your rock, pinhead.