ECT Interplanner And "They Think We Are the Anti-Thesis"

northwye

Interplanner And "They Think We Are the Anti-Thesis"

"They" think we are the false prophets. "They" also make use of a simplified form of the Marxist dialectic in promoting and defending their theology.

"They" tend to have an "us versus them" attitude.

"They" make use of a peculiar way of interpreting scripture, and often do not follow Isaiah 28: 9-10, "For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:"

Their literalist way of interpreting scripture can blind them to meanings of scripture.

Metaphoric circumcision is an example.

"And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live." Deuteronomy 30: 6

This is talking about a change in the inner life, in the soul or in man's spirit. not about cutting off part of a body part. The metaphor is subtle. Its about being identified as belonging to God, but the mark of that identity is in the heart. And this transformation of the inner life - circumcising the heart - is said to allow them to live, by which is meant spiritual life.

"If thou wilt return, O Israel, saith the LORD, return unto me: and if thou wilt put away thine abominations out of my sight, then shalt thou not remove.
2.And thou shalt swear, The LORD liveth, in truth, in judgment, and in righteousness; and the nations shall bless themselves in him, and in him shall they glory.........Circumcise yourselves to the LORD, and take away the foreskins of your heart, ye men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem: lest my fury come forth like fire, and burn that none can quench it, because of the evil of your doings." Jeremiah 4: 1-2, 4.

What would the literalists do with Jeremiah 4: 4? Probably just ignore it. But in saying in Deuteronomy 30: 6 that life - spiritual life - comes from circumcision of he heart, and Jeremiah 4: 1-2 teaching that circumcision of the heart means Israel returns to God, is not circumcision of the heart linked to salvation. Jeremiah 4: 2 says that not only physical Israel but the peoples, or nations other than Israel are also saved by that change of the heart to God, That we are saved by a transformation of our soul, our man's spirit, is there all along in the words of the prophets. The Old Testament prophets are the remnant of Israel.

"And that I also have walked contrary unto them, and have brought them into the land of their enemies; if then their uncircumcised hearts be humbled, and they then accept of the punishment of their iniquity:" Leviticus 26: 4 When their uncircumcised hearts are humbled, they are broken and may become "circumcised" in their hearts and saved.

Paul in Romans 2; 29 says "But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God."

Paul in Romans 2: 29 is not writing about he inward circumcision only of the Jews. He is saying that inward circumcision, used as a metaphor, is a mark of all the elect of God.

Interplanner, I could not answer on Private Messaging because it said I have used up my quota of sent messages. I have not taken the time to figure out how to erase my messages.

Last edited:

Interplanner

Interplanner And "They Think We Are the Anti-Thesis"

"They" think we are the false prophets. "They" also make use of a simplified form of the Marxist dialectic in promoting and defending their theology.

"They" tend to have an "us versus them" attitude.

"They" make use of a peculiar way of interpreting scripture, and often do not follow Isaiah 28: 9-10, "For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:"

Their literalist way of interpreting scripture can blind them to meanings of scripture.

Metaphoric circumcision is an example.

"And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live." Deuteronomy 30: 6

This is talking about a change in the inner life, in the soul or in man's spirit. not about cutting off part of a body part. The metaphor is subtle. Its about being identified as belonging to God, but the mark of that identity is in the heart. And this transformation of the inner life - circumcising the heart - is said to allow them to live, by which is meant spiritual life.

"If thou wilt return, O Israel, saith the LORD, return unto me: and if thou wilt put away thine abominations out of my sight, then shalt thou not remove.
2.And thou shalt swear, The LORD liveth, in truth, in judgment, and in righteousness; and the nations shall bless themselves in him, and in him shall they glory.........Circumcise yourselves to the LORD, and take away the foreskins of your heart, ye men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem: lest my fury come forth like fire, and burn that none can quench it, because of the evil of your doings." Jeremiah 4: 1-2, 4.

What would the literalists do with Jeremiah 4: 4? Probably just ignore it. But in saying in Deuteronomy 30: 6 that life - spiritual life - comes from circumcision of he heart, and Jeremiah 4: 1-2 teaching that circumcision of the heart means Israel returns to God, is not circumcision of the heart linked to salvation. Jeremiah 4: 2 says that not only physical Israel but the peoples, or nations other than Israel are also saved by that change of the heart to God, That we are saved by a transformation of our soul, our man's spirit, is there all along in the words of the prophets. The Old Testament prophets are the remnant of Israel.

"And that I also have walked contrary unto them, and have brought them into the land of their enemies; if then their uncircumcised hearts be humbled, and they then accept of the punishment of their iniquity:" Leviticus 26: 4 When their uncircumcised hearts are humbled, they are broken and may become "circumcised" in their hearts and saved.

Paul in Romans 2; 29 says "But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God."

Paul in Romans 2: 29 is not writing about he inward circumcision only of the Jews. He is saying that inward circumcision, used as a metaphor, is a mark of all the elect of God.

Interplanner, I could not answer on Private Messaging because it said I have used up my quota of sent messages. I have not taken the time to figure out how to erase my messages.

A good review mostly, it's just that on this one, with the letter of an ancient text, I don't know that it will ever see the light.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Ask Sherman, send her a PM, oh wait, you can't - get a message to her somehow and she will help you

dodge

northwye[/QUOTE said:

Interplanner, I could not answer on Private Messaging because it said I have used up my quota of sent messages. I have not taken the time to figure out how to erase my messages

1. go to notification click it.Top right on screen.

2. go to inbox.click on it

3.click all messages in inbox you want to delete.

4. Go to bottom and click on "selected messages".

5. when that opens select "delete" then select "proceed" and your old messages will be deleted.