Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
If Your Mother Is a Homosexual...

Monday August 1st, 2005. This is show # 150.

BEST QUOTES OF THE SHOW:
From Curtis Kekoa of www.DUHmag.com
Most [people in their 20's] either have parents that are divorced or have fathers that abandoned them - didn't even get married to their mother. And that plague right there produces so much hatred. And of course, when you hate your father...you're going to hate God. And that's why so many people hate God.
One thing that you and Ken told me was that during these [gay pride] parades, it's one of the biggest times for the homosexual community to recruit children. Why would they need to recruit if it's hereditary?

allsmiles

Most [people in their 20's] either have parents that are divorced or have fathers that abandoned them - didn't even get married to their mother. And that plague right there produces so much hatred. And of course, when you hate your father...you're going to hate God. And that's why so many people hate God.

Correction that could be a reason why people hate your god;)

death2impiety

Maximeee's Husband
"Our fathers are our models for God. If our fathers fail, what does that tell you about God? You must consider the probability that God never wanted you, that he doesn't like you. In all probability he hates you."

~Tyler Durden Fight Club

death2impiety

Maximeee's Husband
"One thing that you and Ken told me was that during these [gay pride] parades, it's one of the biggest times for the homosexual community to recruit children. Why would they need to recruit if it's hereditary?"

Zakath said:
If heterosexuality is hereditary, why the big fuss? Genes will tell, after all. ;)

Sorry Zak, I'm not readin ya here...you really, honestly, don't see the point of what Bob's saying? I know you don't love him but you gotta admit this is a bit odd. If it is hereditary there is no need to recruit, period.

Pepper

I'm not a big fan of my father, but I have no problem with god. That statement shouldn't have been worded so matter-of-factly. Maybe hating your father could lead you to hate god, but it not necessarily true.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
death2impiety said:
...Sorry Zak, I'm not readin ya here...you really, honestly, don't see the point of what Bob's saying? I know you don't love him but you gotta admit this is a bit odd. If it is hereditary there is no need to recruit, period.
My feelings for (or against) Enyart are not germane to the point...

On the flip side of the argument, if it is hereditary then why is there a need to try to "convert" homosexuals, outside of religious reasons?

:think:

allsmiles

death2impiety said:
"Our fathers are our models for God. If our fathers fail, what does that tell you about God? You must consider the probability that God never wanted you, that he doesn't like you. In all probability he hates you."

~Tyler Durden Fight Club

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to death2impiety again.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Zakath said:

On the flip side of the argument, if it is hereditary then why is there a need to try to "convert" homosexuals, outside of religious reasons?

It isn't hereditary, and although homosexuals and homosexual activists often claim that is it, their actives reveal that they don't really believe it. That's the point. :dunce::duh:

blunttruth

death2impiety said:

~Tyler Durden Fight Club

God needs no model; God is the model for earthly fathers. If our fathers fail - correction - our fathers failed because they failed to follow God.

Pepper

Turbo said:
It isn't hereditary, and although homosexuals and homosexual activists often claim that is it, their actives reveal that they don't really believe it. That's the point. :dunce::duh:

I don't believe that it's hereditary, but I also don't believe that it's a choice.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Pepper said:
I'm not a big fan of my father, but I have no problem with god.
...said the agnostic. :think:
That statement shouldn't have been worded so matter-of-factly. Maybe hating your father could lead you to hate god, but it not necessarily true.
It's pretty clear that he was stating a rule of thumb rather than an absolute, and I think you even recognize that the statement wasn't intended to be taken woodenly literally as an absolute.

Kind of like...

Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6​

Of course there are exceptions to this general rule as well, but the impact of the statement would have been lost had the author written, "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he probably will not depart from it in most cases, but there are some cases in which a properly raised child will turn out bad, and likewise there are cases a child will turn out just fine despite a lousy upbringing."

allsmiles

blunttruth said:
God needs no model; God is the model for earthly fathers. If our fathers fail - correction - our fathers failed because they failed to follow God.

TD wasn't refering to god needing a model, but children using their fathers as their model for god. Our fathers are our first glimpse of god.

Pepper

Turbo said:
...said the agnostic. :think:

It's pretty clear that he was stating a rule of thumb rather than an absolute, and I think you even recognize that the statement wasn't intended to be taken woodenly literally as an absolute.

Kind of like...

Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6​

Of course there are exceptions to this general rule as well, but the impact of the statement would have been lost had the author written, "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he probably will not depart from it in most cases, but there are some cases in which a properly raised child will turn out bad, and likewise there are cases a child will turn out just fine despite a lousy upbringing."

#1. Once again, i have no problem with god, I put agnostic simply because it's the closest to what I believe, but no problem with god.

#2. Pretty clear that it was a rule of thumb and not an absolute?!

"And of course, when you hate you father...you're going to hate God. And that's why so many people hate God." That sounds pretty absolute to me. If it were meant to be a rule of thumb, the wording would have to be something like "A reason for so many people hating God could be because they hate their father". By saying "if this, then that" it's an absolute statement.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Turbo said:
It isn't hereditary, and although homosexuals and homosexual activists often claim that is it, their actives reveal that they don't really believe it. That's the point.

Reread my post. I was not claiming that homosexuality was inherited...
:dunce::duh:

lovemeorhateme

Jefferson said:
If Your Mother Is a Homosexual...

Monday August 1st, 2005. This is show # 150.

BEST QUOTES OF THE SHOW:
From Curtis Kekoa of www.DUHmag.com

Give me an example of 'recruiting' children at gay pride, or anywhere. People can't be 'recruited'! I've certainly never seen this. You say they are, now lets see some examples of recruitment at a gay pride.

I don't believe that homosexuality is hereditary, but I know it isn't a choice.

death2impiety

Maximeee's Husband
blunttruth said:

I was pointing out that I agree with Bob. That quote was made by the alter ego of the main character of the movie fight club. In the scene his alter ego "tyler Durden" tells him this (You could picture the main character saying it to himself as a soliloquy). His father had abandoned him and this quote alludes to his outward resentment toward God because of the mistakes his father made.

God needs no model? I feel that it is important to model ourselves after God to set an example for others, especially children. Sure, he doesn't need a model. You can't really say God needs anything.

"Our fathers are our models for God"

This doesn't imply that God needs a model, but that our fathers are a model.

I'd tend to agree with the rest though.

death2impiety

Maximeee's Husband
lovemeorhateme said:
Give me an example of 'recruiting' children at gay pride, or anywhere. People can't be 'recruited'! I've certainly never seen this. You say they are, now lets see some examples of recruitment at a gay pride.

Just because you've never seen me doesnt mean I don't exist.

I don't believe that homosexuality is hereditary, but I know it isn't a choice.

Then what is it? You seem to have made it more or less non-existant.

Pepper

death2impiety said:
Just because you've never seen me doesnt mean I don't exist.

you seriously think that the gay people say "Hey, come be gay, it's fun!" and kids come flocking?

the majority of gay people that I know wish they could be straight because they see it as a much easier way of life. Why would anyone choose those difficulties?

Then what is it? You seem to have made it more or less non-existant.

It's just not hereditary, it isn't passed down from generation to generation. You just can't help who you're attracted to. Some people think Brad Pitt is hot, others don't, they can't help that.

death2impiety

Maximeee's Husband
Zakath said:

I think he was going for sarcasm. The point here is that it isn't hereditary. If they make claims that its genetic they shouldn't have to recruit people. Homo's will come out of the thicket in time. The fact that they are doing this only helps to illustrate the desperate nature of their position. They want to pull more people into their world. Get their numbers up ya know? Its easier to change laws and be accepted when there are more of you to push your position.

Sounds like religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.