Not open for further replies.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Bob-
Thank you.

firechyld-
Do you really think that I would not have had gay heros, if I had been gay?

Last edited:

the Sibbie

Originally posted by lighthouse

firechyld-
Do you really not think that I would not have had gay heros, if I had been gay?
Are there one too many "not's" in your question? The Sibbie is getting confused! :confused:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Re: I just watched 'Terry's call'

Originally posted by lighthouse

I have to admit, I was wrong. I have believed, for some time, that you have to deal with those who believe, and spread lies, more harshly than with those who know the truth, and desire to be set free. And what I saw was Bob doing just that. Perversion is not something to gloss over, or ignore. It is something to confront, head on. With the truth of God. And that thruth is, homosexuality is an abomination in the eyes of the Creator! It is a perversion, and it is disgusting. Yes God loves them, and He hates what they do, but that means not that He wants them to be comfortable in their sin as they are directed toward Him, but that they should be uncomfortable. Being comfortable in sin only leads to hell. It is when one is uncomfortable in their sin, that they seek the comfort of freedom from that sin.

Excellent! :thumb:

Has anyone else here been a Bob Enyart Live viewer long enough to have seen Terry's Call when it first aired? I don't remember what year it was but it seems like forever ago!

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
It was 1994. I was a little over a week shy of turning 14. But I didn't watch it. However, I don't think I would have felt the same. I was indoctrinated with the belief that love meant not being confrontational.

Sibbie-
Yes ther are one too many. I will fix it. Thank you, and sorry for the confusion.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Re: Re: I just watched 'Terry's call'

Re: Re: I just watched 'Terry's call'

Originally posted by Clete Pfeiffer

Excellent! :thumb:

Has anyone else here been a Bob Enyart Live viewer long enough to have seen Terry's Call when it first aired? I don't remember what year it was but it seems like forever ago!
I didn't see that one live but I have followed the show for a long enough that I remember when Zach was born.

elected4ever

Hay, I'm gay but I am not a homo. Homos aren't gay. How can a person be gay when they have adopted a lifestyle of death? I have life not death.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
e4e-
:darwinsm:

You sound like my friend Tim. He says that all the time. Well, he doesn't call it a lifestyle of death, though I'm sure he would if he ever thought of or heard that term.

firechyld

Do you really think that I would not have had gay heros, if I had been gay?

Your phrasing suggested that what you were saying was that idolising a gay person in your youth would have "caused" you to be gay now.

Did I misread?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Well, if it was their homosexuality that I had idolized them for, then maybe...but I would think that I would have had to be gay first, to idolize someone for their homosexuality. But the original statement was just a joke, since someone decided to call certain heros that were not homosexual, homosexual. Final point, I never idolized any of thos heros.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I know this thread is old, but my best friend just watched it. He feels the same way I did after watching it. I believe he now has respect for Bob. Maybe I'll get him to read The Plot, next.:think: My dad's already reading it, and he gave it a big :thumb:. He should finish it soon.

wholearmor

I just finished watching "Terry's Call" with my wife and 2 grown children who are 23 & 22 yrs. old. My daughter said it was sad Terry didn't make it to Denver, my son said it was not sad because Terry repented, my wife said everyone should see the video, and I say I would have helped out in some way had I seen the show live, but I, too, look forward to meeting Terry in Heaven.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Sadly, my dad's still reading The Plot. He needs to take a speed reading course, or something.:chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.