I confess: I feel sorry for that evil pilot..

republicanchick

Well, I feel sorry for him meaning the person he was b4 he did that horrible thing

weird... He had ALL that time to think about what he was doing... could have reversed the course the plane was taking, but chose not to

I feel sorry for him b/c he was (obviously) a lost soul. He likely won't be going to Purgatory, much less Heaven.

That is very sad when u think about it.

But then I think of all the people on the plane. They did have (Here's the bright side) the benefit of knowing they were going to meet God

maybe they weren't ready to meet Jesus and so, that's a tragedy also. But again, they knew they were going to God, ready or not... and that is no small benefit, if you ask me. A lot of people put off repenting until the very last minute. But the last minute they wait 4(when they have sufficiently lived it up and all that) may never come (sudden car wreck takes them away or whatever)

Anyway, I also do not like the term Mental illness. Maybe this guy didn't either.. ? and that's why he hid tis "condition" from his employer. I don't know.. But I think we need to .. um... get a little "politically correct" vis a vis this term Mental illness.. Sometimes it is an emotional problem, for example... just don't like the connotation in the word "illness"

+++

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, I feel sorry for him meaning the person he was b4 he did that horrible thing

weird... He had ALL that time to think about what he was doing... could have reversed the course the plane was taking, but chose not to

I feel sorry for him b/c he was (obviously) a lost soul. He likely won't be going to Purgatory, much less Heaven.

That is very sad when u think about it.

But then I think of all the people on the plane. They did have (Here's the bright side) the benefit of knowing they were going to meet God

maybe they weren't ready to meet Jesus and so, that's a tragedy also. But again, they knew they were going to God, ready or not... and that is no small benefit, if you ask me. A lot of people put off repenting until the very last minute. But the last minute they wait 4(when they have sufficiently lived it up and all that) may never come (sudden car wreck takes them away or whatever)

Anyway, I also do not like the term Mental illness. Maybe this guy didn't either.. ? and that's why he hid tis "condition" from his employer. I don't know.. But I think we need to .. um... get a little "politically correct" vis a vis this term Mental illness.. Sometimes it is an emotional problem, for example... just don't like the connotation in the word "illness"

+++

Feel sorry for him? He was very selfish. If he were going to commit suicide, harm yourself and no one else. He must answer to God for 150 innocent lives.