[YHWH] of hosts:
I am the first and I am the last,
And there is no God
['elohiym] besides Me.'
Isaiah 44:6

Last edited:

beameup

Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called;
I am He; I am the first, I also am the last.

Come ye near unto me, hear ye this;
I have not spoken in secret from the beginning;
from the time that it was, there am I:
and now the Lord GOD, and His Spirit, hath sent Me.

Isaiah 48:12,16

Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver;
I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.
-[ie: Time of Jacob's Trouble]
Isaiah 48:10

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Nice verse. One God. Not a Trinity.

Because you reject the New Testament you haven't understood that God is a kingdom ... not kingdoms, just one kingdom.

By not being familiar with the NT you have really short-changed yourself.

chair

Because you reject the New Testament you haven't understood that God is a kingdom ... not kingdoms, just one kingdom.

By not being familiar with the NT you have really short-changed yourself.

I am familiar with parts of the New Testament. I think that someone who is not familiar with Jewish literature can't understand Matthew properly.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I am familiar with parts of the New Testament. I think that someone who is not familiar with Jewish literature can't understand Matthew properly.

Daniel 2:44 records a portion of a vision where Daniel saw that in the days of some end-time kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed, and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms and it shall stand forever.

This vision refers to the kingdom of God, a government over all the earth.

You are welcome to become a part of God's kingdom.

Prizebeatz1

It's all about interpretation. There is more than one way to see it to me. We can use our own discernment to figure out which sounds most accurate. We can also create combinations piecing the best parts from each one. Why wouldn't that lead to new and bigger discoveries than just limiting oneself to one?

Seeing God as infinite and eternal the first and last cannot be literal. IMO they are symbolic. Could the first and last be together translating to the negation of time? Of course the oneness of God is fundamental. This indivisible unity is the greatest miracle one can experience. It is way way bigger and better than anyone can describe in words. I want people to experience it for themselves. It is very important to do so for the well-being of humanity. Peace.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

chair

Daniel 2:44 records a portion of a vision where Daniel saw that in the days of some end-time kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed, and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms and it shall stand forever.

This vision refers to the kingdom of God, a government over all the earth.

You are welcome to become a part of God's kingdom.

I don't have space for a man-god in my Jewish world view. Neither did Daniel. Or Jesus, for that matter.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't have space for a man-god in my Jewish world view. Neither did Daniel. Or Jesus, for that matter.

The two are mutually exclusive. God is immortal, men are not.

Did you know Jesus died? He was mortal. God doesn't die.

Prizebeatz1

The two are mutually exclusive. God is immortal, men are not.

Did you know Jesus died? He was mortal. God doesn't die.

Now we are making some progress! But there is a part of us that does live forever. We do not have to strictly identify with the part of us that dies. We are much more than that. But yes, I agree with your post. I remember a response to a thread where someone sent me a link on the Catholic view of the death of Jesus. It said that Jesus didn't really die and it redefined what it means to die. It was a weak attempt at justifying some nonsense literal interpretation. It wasn't hard to tell and it raised more questions than it provided answers. The father of lies is always coming up with convenient interpretations to suit its fabrications. It is delusional.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Which compound unity? Where?

Where translators claim a noun is plural. I don't study languages. I only see what is written in English, including Hebrew scriptures that stop at Malachi. My question was serious, just so you know. Let us make man in our image. Let us go down there and confound their language.

I don't think angels (messengers) have the power of creation or other supernatural ability.