ECT Hypothetical: adultery

Hypothetical: adultery

• Reconcile at any cost, even by accepting (falsely) that it was your fault.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

musterion

Poll Q for the married, mainly.

You discover that your increasingly distant Christian spouse has been unfaithful. Confronted, they do not deny it but aren't particularly contrite either -- instead blaming the admittedly imperfect* marriage for "forcing" them to the arms of another while still married to you, who they know have been faithful.

*but with none of the usually cited issues (abusiveness, drunkenness, etc).

Last edited:

Danoh

You discover that your increasingly distant Christian spouse has been unfaithful. Confronted, they do not deny it but aren't particularly contrite either -- instead blaming the admittedly imperfect* marriage for "forcing" them to the arms of another while still married to you, who they know have been faithful.

Sorry to hear, Musti; may you soon be able to move on.

Last edited:

Danoh

"Marriages can survive adultery, but they usually can not survive spite or disdain." --DennisPrager.com, Male-Female Hour

Geez; talk about one's over reliance on a system of ever relying on one book "about" or another for everything under the sun - don't you ever spend time in Scripture; your answers are ever someone else's reasoning and or labor.

Talk about adultry...

themuzicman

Not enough details to determine. Each person must follow God's direction.

musterion

This situation does not involve my wife and I. It is a composite of Christian people I've read about and some I've known, but a serious real life issue nonetheless. It is hypothetical for whomever chooses to answer it (at least I hope it's only hypothetical for you).

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I chose that my marriage would be over because of the break in trust. I just don't think that I could trust my husband again if he had broken his vow to be faithful to me. I would forgive him. But, I don't think I would trust him again.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned

A repentant man will confess his sin :banana: without assessing blame to the victim of his crime—his wife (Lev. 20:10–12). If he is not willing to admit his sin, then more time is needed for restoration where restoration is possible (1 Cor. 7:10–17).* All liars go to hell (Re 21:8). Church discipline is necessary for the adulterer (Mt 18:15-17). If he doesn’t repent, he’s going to hell (Jas 5:20).

Not many escape once ensnared by an adulteress (Prov. 7:6–23).
stripper.gif
Our culture does not take marriage seriously (Jer. 16:2); but, God does (Heb. 13:4). She is his joint-heir of the grace of life ‘esha [fire of life]’ (1 Pe 3:7). When he shows up at the Great White Throne without her, he if left only with a consuming fire (Ga 6:7). :burnlib:

*The wife is not required to return to intimacy with her defiled husband (Deut. 24:4, Mt 19:11, Jn 10:10, 1 Co 7:15).
crabby-crab-smiley-emoticon.gif

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...Each person must follow God's direction.

The community around the couple (Jer. 16:2) usually does not implement church discipline (Mt 18:15-17); :reals: and so, the sinner is lost for good (Jas 5:20). :banana: They have blood on their hands (Eze 33:8).

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Reconcile at any cost…
Reconciliation is encouraged (1 Cor. 7:10–17).

Seek to reconcile, but only after they admit they chose to sin.
Lying to one’s spouse is stealing their life (Re 21:8); because, it’s taking reality from them (Ferguson). Our culture does not take lying seriously; but, God does (Ps 15:4 ESV, Lk 17:26-29). :burnlib:

Do not accept the blame.
Was the victim of the adulterer cheering him on
cheerleader-sad.gif
when he broke his vow? :dizzy: Heb 13:4

musterion

I chose that my marriage would be over because of the break in trust. I just don't think that I could trust my husband again if he had broken his vow to be faithful to me. I would forgive him. But, I don't think I would trust him again.

I can absolutely understand that response.