Huge Loss for the Islamic State

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Huge Loss for the Islamic State: Dabiq seized by coalition forces. What happened to all the Islamic prophecies of an apocalyptic, End of Days battle in which the West would be destroyed? By Joel Rosenberg] "The false prophecies of ISIS have fallen flat.

As the battle to liberate the city of Mosul from the control of the Islamic State in Iraq was launched this week, coalition forces quietly liberated another key site from ISIS control in Syria — the Syrian town of Dabiq.

Few Westerners seemed to notice, but this was actually huge strategic and psychological loss for the Islamic State. Why? Because ISIS leaders have long proclaimed that Dabiq would be the site of an apocalyptic battle in the End of Days. Indeed, control of Dabiq is central to the eschatology of the Islamic State.

“The Islamic State’s magazine is called, Dabiq,” I noted on Fox News in January. “Most people have no idea what that means. [Dabiq] is a little town in the north of Syria. Why is that important? Because they believe, based on ancient Islamic prophecies, that the Western world — ‘the forces of Rome’ — will be drawn to that spot for the second-to-last battle of all history, and that the West will lose, and the Islamic State will win, and then they head to Jerusalem. The idea is that they believe that the End of Days has come, their messiah — known as the ‘Mahdi’ — will come reign over the entire world at any moment. The [leaders of ISIS] are driven by an Islamic eschatology that’s genocidal. And that’s why it’s so dangerous. And yet most leaders — including the President and our two front-runners on the Democrat and Republican side — they don’t understand it. They don’t talk about it. That’s a problem...” Full text: Huge Loss for the Islamic State: Dabiq seized by coalition forces. What happened to all the Islamic prophecies of an apocalyptic, End of Days battle in which the West would be destroyed? Mt 24:6

Also see:

Are we winning the war on ISIS & Radical Islam?

DavidK

I thought I had read that they believed they would be defeated there, not win, and that the Mahdi would arise after that.

Wrong sect?

DavidK

Okay, so that's different than the previous article I responded to in which it's stated they expect to win. Thanks for the links.

The first article seemed to say that their defeat meant defeat of the prophecy, but if the prophecy allows for their defeat, and that still leading to the arrival of the Mahdi who eventually wins, some could still hold that the prophecy will pan out somehow.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Okay, so that's different than the previous article I responded to in which it's stated they expect to win. Thanks for the links.

The first article seemed to say that their defeat meant defeat of the prophecy, but if the prophecy allows for their defeat, and that still leading to the arrival of the Mahdi who eventually wins, some could still hold that the prophecy will pan out somehow.
Satan knows his scripture, too.

See:

How the Vatican Created Islam

DavidK

Satan knows his scripture, too.

That's why I was surprised about the idea that the Dabiq prophecy would be falsified by a defeat.

When I first read about it, and the source talked about the Islamic armies being defeated which would then usher in the Mahdi, I thought that this could be an accurate prophecy from an infernal source. A way to try and corrupt true prophecy to embolden Islam.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
North Korea preparing for another ballistic missile launch, sources say
nuclear001.jpg

Turkey sends armored vehicles, tanks to border town Mt 24:6

Last edited:

rexlunae

It seems like serpentdove agrees with ISIS that we're living in a book. They just disagree on which book it is.

I mean, I think it's The Hunger Games, personally.