How America got rich

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Free markets, open markets, free exchange, liberty....all which slowed down with the New Deal, Community Reinvestment Act, and the Affordable Care Act.
Never let it be said that conservatives are guilty of allowing the facts interfere with their narrative
- the New Deal preceeded WW2
- the Dow is currently achieving record highs with the Affordable Care Act in place

The Berean

Another major factor was that in the immediate post WW II era America had zero economic competition. Europe was in shambles, The USSR and China were communist hell holes with no modern manufacturing infrastructure, and India was a poor third world country. This allowed America to become the economic, financial, and banking world power.

But after a generation of being on top America started to lose its edge. It started to lose the fire in the belly and started to lose its innovative mindset. By the early 1970's Japan started to crush American manufacturing. By the 1980's American manufacturing was starting to ask hard questions and make changes.

Since then America has closed the gap but today there is even more global competition with Europe, China, and even India. China is now the global leader in solar power and India just launched its first space shuttle on a test flight. I live in Silicon Valley and Indian and Chinese companies have a presence in Silicon Valley.

Sent from my SM-G920V using TOL mobile app

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Post WWII growth was much smaller than what it could have been. Because of the ever increasing income redistribution from the middle class to the upper.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Post world war II and it wasn't Keynesian economics.

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/articles/how-america-got-rich/

Never let it be said that conservatives are guilty of allowing the facts interfere with their narrative
- the New Deal preceeded WW2
- the Dow is currently achieving record highs with the Affordable Care Act in place

What do those facts have to do with the price of eggs in China?

It wasn't me who set up the parameters for this thread - apparently I'm looking for signs of "intelligent life" where none exists!