Hit-and-Run Caller Thankful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Well at least this guy's honest.

What drives me nuts is the hypocrisy of the right. You guys don't really oppose judicial activism, you oppose the kind that gives you grief. Quit with the double standard.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Granite said:

What drives me nuts is the hypocrisy of the right. You guys don't really oppose judicial activism, you oppose the kind that gives you grief. Quit with the double standard.
"You guys"? Who are talking to? The only other person who has posted in this thread is Jefferson, and you're accusation doesn't apply to him.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Turbo said:
"You guys"? Who are talking to? The only other person who has posted in this thread is Jefferson, and you're accusation doesn't apply to him.
It's just Granite slowly turning into Gerald again, lashing out at anything that merely so much as hints at Christianity.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Jefferson said:
It's just Granite slowly turning into Gerald again, lashing out at anything that merely so much as hints at Christianity.

Jeff, don't be a dope. I notice neither of you actually addressed what I said, namely, that judicial activism is just fine by the right so long as it works for them. The hypocrisy on this issue's enough to make me choke.

PureX

Granite said:

Yeah, they were all for judicial activism and trampling state's rights over Terry Schaivo. Boy did THAT backfire.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Granite said:
Jeff, don't be a dope. I notice neither of you actually addressed what I said, namely, that judicial activism is just fine by the right so long as it works for them. The hypocrisy on this issue's enough to make me choke.
Where's the hypocrisy? I'm in favor of consistently refusing to violate God's Law. If it takes judicial activism to accomplish that, then so be it.

I'm not against the left for using judicial activism. I'm against the left for using judicial activism for the purpose of furthering their impish, refusal to grow up, teenage rebellion against God.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
PureX said:
Yeah, they were all for judicial activism and trampling state's rights over Terry Schaivo. Boy did THAT backfire.
No state has the "right" to ignore the right to life.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Jefferson said:
Where's the hypocrisy? I'm in favor of consistently refusing to violate God's Law. If it takes judicial activism to accomplish that, then so be it.

I'm not against the left for using judicial activism. I'm against the left for using judicial activism for the purpose of furthering their impish, refusal to grow up, teenage rebellion against God.

So you're okay with the left using judicial activism as long as they're doing something you agree with. No kidding, Sherlock. :duh:

I think a lot of people want to have their cake and eat it too: so long as judges are doing something that's in line with their own agenda, no complaints.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Granite said:
So you're okay with the left using judicial activism as long as they're doing something you agree with. No kidding, Sherlock. :duh:

I think a lot of people want to have their cake and eat it too: so long as judges are doing something that's in line with their own agenda, no complaints.
My point stands: I'm not a hypocrite.

PureX

Jefferson said:

My! The moral integrity of that stance certainly is something to behold!

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Granite said:

I oppose ALL judicial activism.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Jefferson said:
My point stands: I'm not a hypocrite.

:rotfl:

I see, so you're not a hypocrite, you just think that judicial activism is okay so long as it lines up with what you want done. Cute trick, Jeff. Tell me another...

Judges abusing the bench is cool so long as it conforms to your agenda. Well, gee. What else is new?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Granite said:
Judges abusing the bench is cool so long as it conforms to your agenda.
No, it's cool so long as it conforms to God's agenda.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Jefferson said:
No, it's cool so long as it conforms to God's agenda.

Your agenda, Jeff. Unless you're really going to say you happen to speak for the almighty. Considering you people can't agree amongst youselves I see no reason to take an individual Christian's word for anything.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
PureX said:
Let's define "they" here. If you are talking about most right wing Christian leaders you are correct. If you are talking about Jefferson, or Bob Enyart it would be easy enough to go back and find what they were saying at the time. Neither of them was shy about their opinion!

PureX

My world doesn't revolve around Jefferson or Bob Enyart's opinions. Nor do my posts unless I explicitly say so.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
PureX said:
My world doesn't revolve around Jefferson or Bob Enyart's opinions. Nor do my posts unless I explicitly say so.
Unless I am mistaken Bob and Jefferson were the people being charged with Hypocrisy when you started jumping on the bandwagon!

Status
Not open for further replies.