Here goes ... I am an atheist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kggrubbs

Gutsy I suppose. However, if I can be tolerated, I am always interested to hear a reason to believe in any supernatural being, let alone the Christian God.

Why? What is the reasoning? Thanks.

Squishes

Gutsy I suppose.

Not really. There are lots of atheists in the world, and quite a few on this forum.

However, if I can be tolerated, I am always interested to hear a reason to believe in any supernatural being, let alone the Christian God.

Why would anyone want to converse with someone who expects that they will barely be tolerated? You sound silly and narcissistic.

alwight

Gutsy I suppose. However, if I can be tolerated, I am always interested to hear a reason to believe in any supernatural being, let alone the Christian God.

Hi kggrubbs,
However there are already more atheists here than you can shake a stick at.
:)

quip

BANNED
Banned
Gutsy I suppose. However, if I can be tolerated....

Of course they won't be tolerant of you, being that tolerance is not one of the virtues believer's aspire towards. Hope you have a thick skin but if you stick around you'll find out soon enough that most of the religious bark around here is worse than the bite.

Nonetheless, welcome to TOL....and let me be the first to call you an "idiot", "moron"...et al. :wave:

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Is today National Coming Out Day for atheists?? Welcome, son. :wave:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Gutsy I suppose.
As much as any declaration regarding being not rooted in objectively demonstrable fact is...which is to say as gutsy as the next fellow.

However, if I can be tolerated, I am always interested to hear a reason to believe in any supernatural being, let alone the Christian God.
There are any number of reasons, starting with your happiness, a closer relation between your nature and its framework, a more abundantly satisfactory and more beneficial life/context for existence and, if you're inclined, a relationship unlike any you've experienced.

And that's before we get to the dental plan. :D

You might find Lewis, or Merton, or even a more recent examination by people like professors Kreeft and Tacelli of Boston College worth your while if you want a more academic examination. :think:

Or you could speak with a number of theologians on hand around here...or with people like me who are rather enthusiastic laymen. Where would you like to begin?

And welcome. :e4e:

Status
Not open for further replies.