Hello, nice to meet you

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
welcome to TOL
why don't you tell us something about yourself?
saying that you are Christian does not tell us much

ragTagblues

Hello, nice to meet you, a friend suggested this forum and it looks like a cool place to have discussion:Elaine:

Hard hats are in the back room and orientation is at 14.00 sharp, don't be late it could save your sense of perspective . . . .

Welcome, it's a pretty good place with some pretty genuine people.

Why don't you tell us about yourself?

Also ignore chrys, he's been crotchety since . . . . when exactly were you born chrys? Anyway it's been that long!

:cheers:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Welcome to the forum! I see you found your way here! In two weeks and after 50 posts PMing and posting on peoples' profiles will turn on. Then you will be able to upload your own avatar.

PureX

Speak up! We would like to begin judging and condemning you for your wrongness right away.

:angrymob:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hello, nice to meet you, a friend suggested this forum and it looks like a cool place to have discussion:Elaine:

Don't worry, it warms up fast enough.

Welcome to the conversationalist's cotillion--where Chrys puts everyone who disagrees with him on a dance card, though most of us hang out around the punch bowl.

:e4e:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Thank you all for the nice welcome :cheers:

As far as about myself : I am a non denominational christian,I believe that Jesus Christ is the only way to the Father and if you want to know what i believe theological wise - its most closest to southern baptist but I don't believe that drinking is a sin or that womens roles in the church are so limited nor do I believe in such a limitation on the work of the holy spirit in the church today and i also dont believe that there is an issue with alternative musical instruments being used in the church other than piano or organ and that we can sing hymns and songs in worship other than those in the 1800s baptist hymnal and wouldn't object in the slightest to anyone raising their hands in praise and worship.

I do not consider myself either Calvinist nor Arminian since I don't adhere to all 5 points of either belief, I think its a mix of each groups points.

I do not adhere to replacement theology either.

I am a free will believer, however not to the point that I could say I am an open theist.

I believe there will be a pretribulation rapture of the church, and a literal 1000 year reign of Christ.

The only issue i could say I am on the fence about really is annihilation since i believe that could be a possible, but I certainly dont believe thats a salvation issue.

I believe the bible is the inspired word of God and is infallible, in the hebrew and greek, and i am definitely not a king james onlyist.

A consider myself to be a conservative believer and i am also conservative politically although i do not consider myself republican nor democrat. I think both groups are doing serious damage to this country these days and i love this country.

I am female and ive posted on a few messages boards over the last few years - first time here inzlkett told me about it and its nice to meet you all.

Anything else anyone wants to know? :angel:

PS- looking forward to getting to know you all

Last edited:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Welcome to the forum! I see you found your way here! In two weeks and after 50 posts PMing and posting on peoples' profiles will turn on. Then you will be able to upload your own avatar.

Ty for telling me about this place :hug:

Does that chat turn on then too? I tried to post on it and it doesn't work. Is there somewhere i can read more about all how it all works?

Mr. 5020

Does that chat turn on then too? I tried to post on it and it doesn't work. Is there somewhere i can read more about all how it all works?
Welcome to TOL! :)

HERE is a link with all the info on different types of memberships.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Thank you all for the nice welcome :cheers:

As far as about myself : I am a non denominational christian,I believe that Jesus Christ is the only way to the Father and if you want to know what i believe theological wise - its most closest to southern baptist but I don't believe that drinking is a sin or that womens roles in the church are so limited nor do I believe in such a limitation on the work of the holy spirit in the church today and i also dont believe that there is an issue with alternative musical instruments being used in the church other than piano or organ and that we can sing hymns and songs in worship other than those in the 1800s baptist hymnal and wouldn't object in the slightest to anyone raising their hands in praise and worship.

I do not consider myself either Calvinist nor Arminian since I don't adhere to all 5 points of either belief, I think its a mix of each groups points.

I do not adhere to replacement theology either.

I am a free will believer, however not to the point that I could say I am an open theist.

I believe there will be a pretribulation rapture of the church, and a literal 1000 year reign of Christ.

The only issue i could say I am on the fence about really is annihilation since i believe that could be a possible, but I certainly dont believe thats a salvation issue.

I believe the bible is the inspired word of God and is infallible, in the hebrew and greek, and i am definitely not a king james onlyist.

A consider myself to be a conservative believer and i am also conservative politically although i do not consider myself republican nor democrat. I think both groups are doing serious damage to this country these days and i love this country.

I am female and ive posted on a few messages boards over the last few years - first time here inzlkett told me about it and its nice to meet you all.

Anything else anyone wants to know? :angel:

PS- looking forward to getting to know you all

I could have written most of that, except for the female part. :)

Welcome to TOL!!!! :wave:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Chat box turns on when a member buys a subscription. The different memberships are discribed here. Bronze is only 3 dollars per month or 30 per year.