ECT He Led Captivity Captive

Jerry Shugart

Can anyone explain the meaning of this passage from the pen of Paul?:

"But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ. Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men." (Eph.4:7-8).​

Thanks!

john w

Hall of Fame
Translation: Will anyone explain (fill in the blank), so that I can tell them how wrong they are, and so that I can set them straight on the real explanation, since I'm always right, and disingenuous?

Jerry Shugart

Translation: Will anyone explain (fill in the blank), so that I can tell them how wrong they are, and so that I can set them straight on the real explanation, since I'm always right, and disingenuous?

Since you are never right there is no reason for you to even attempt to give an answer.

john w

Hall of Fame
Since you are never right there is no reason for you to even attempt to give an answer.

This thread is climbing the charts....Yes siree......

1952-Son%2Bof%2BPaleface-IV%2Bw%2Btumbleweeds.png

Jerry Shugart

Your thread "Many "paths" to God?" has absolutely no replies--a BIG GOOSE EGG!

The pot calling the kettle black!

Since you can't prove that anything I say about the Scriptures is wrong you have to search far and wide to find something about me to criticize.

john w

Hall of Fame
Your thread "Many "paths" to God?" has absolutely no replies--a BIG GOOSE EGG!

The pot calling the kettle black!

Since you can't prove that anything I say about the Scriptures is wrong you have to search far and wide to find something about me to criticize.

Well, Jer, I cannot always post threads, that have been praised by the masses. I am human.Besides, no one disagres with my brilliant expounding.

My page:

This page has had 16,811 visits

Vs.

Bible corrector/agnostic/mystic Jer's "page:"

This page has had 933 visits

Quite a contrast, Jer.

oatmeal

Can anyone explain the meaning of this passage from the pen of Paul?:

"But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ. Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men." (Eph.4:7-8).​

Thanks!

All things that captivated men, ie, lies, error... Jesus Christ led captive

Knowing, that is experiencing truth by the doing of it, sets men free. John 8:32

What God made available by Jesus Christ's obedience to the Father made all that possible, truths not known were revealed by God for man's benefit because the works of Jesus Christ made that available.

Same as in the OT. If Moses had not believed, he would not have led the chidren of Israel out of their captivity and God could not have reveal the law to Moses. It takes men to believe in order for men to receive