GOP top priority: weaken ethics

kmoney

Hall of Fame
:doh: so now we have a president who doesn't understand or care about conflicts of interest and representatives that don't understand or care about oversight.

I am happy that Trump criticized the move but it seemed like his point was about priorities instead of the actual change.

For those who haven't heard, they took the independence out of an ethics oversight committee.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
:doh: so now we have a president who doesn't understand or care about conflicts of interest and representatives that don't understand or care about oversight.

I am happy that Trump criticized the move but it seemed like his point was about priorities instead of the actual change.

For those who haven't heard, they took the independence out of an ethics oversight committee.

GOP Drops Weakening of Ethics Office, Challenged by Trump
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/republicans-primed-push-dismantle-obamas-policies-44521720

What Is The Office Of Congressional Ethics? Republicans Kill Independent Watchdog Group
http://www.ibtimes.com/what-office-...icans-kill-independent-watchdog-group-2468749

"The Office of Congressional Ethics, comprised of six board members and their staff, was created by Congress and Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi following a string of lobbying scandals in 2008. Pelosi was just one of many outraged by the House’ decision to nix the office."

I wonder if Donald Trump see's the Independent Ethics Office as a way to bribe committee members into blackmailing Republican Congressmen into going along with his left wing agenda.

Morpheus

You still are here? Looking through the political topics page it appears that they are mostly initiated by the craziest of the bunch. They are never going to listen to reason, but live here only so they can strengthen their delusion that they are among a majority. I'm actually surprised that Trump hasn't found TOL considering his attraction to the likes of Steve Bannon, Alex Jones, Julian Assange and Vladimir Putin.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
You still are here? Looking through the political topics page it appears that they are mostly initiated by the craziest of the bunch. They are never going to listen to reason, but live here only so they can strengthen their delusion that they are among a majority. I'm actually surprised that Trump hasn't found TOL considering his attraction to the likes of Steve Bannon, Alex Jones, Julian Assange and Vladimir Putin.
Yeah I'm still here. Is that weird? Should I not be? :noid:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
looks like mopey's still here too

he must be one of the "craziest of the bunch" :idunno: