going about to establish their own righteousness !

beloved57

Rom 10:3

3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

Believe it or not, this "going about to establish their own righteousness this isn't confined to just the religious jews of Paul's time, but this is true of all of us by nature. All f us naturally feel there's a condition we must perform/do in order to be made right with God. All men by nature are self righteous and believe there's something in us to recommend us to God. Our good works, good behavior, faith, repentance, or maybe our humility, all this is seeking to establish our own righteousness from within ourselves !

Nanja

Rom 10:3

3 [FONT=&]For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.[/FONT]

Believe it or not, this "going about to establish their own righteousness this isn't confined to just the religious jews of Paul's time, but this is true of all of us by nature. All f us naturally feel there's a condition we must perform/do in order to be made right with God. All men by nature are self righteous and believe there's something in us to recommend us to God. Our good works, good behavior, faith, repentance, or maybe our humility, all this is seeking to establish our own righteousness from within ourselves !

Exactly Brother, all religious deeds men perform in their futile attempt to become righteous before God are in actuality nothing but evil.

John 3:19-20

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

The only possibility of a person having his evil religious deeds exposed for what they are, is a Supernatural Work of the Holy Spirit in New Birth !

beloved57

nanja

Exactly Brother, all religious deeds men perform in their futile attempt to become righteous before God are in actuality nothing but evil.

John 3:19-20

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Exactly, man by nature cant understand how good and sincere religious behavior is evil deeds

The only possibility of a person having his evil religious deeds exposed for what they are, is a Supernatural Work of the Holy Spirit in New Birth !

Correct Jn 16:8-9

8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world[of the elect] of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

That word reprove here done by the Spirit is the same word used in Jn 3:19-20

20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

And its the same word Jesus uses here for those He Loves and chastens Rev 3:19

As many as I love, I rebuke G1651 and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Nanja

nanja

Exactly, man by nature cant understand how good and sincere religious behavior is evil deeds

Correct Jn 16:8-9

[FONT=&]8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world[of the elect] of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

That word reprove here done by the Spirit is the same word used in Jn 3:19-20

[/FONT]

[FONT=&]19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

And its the same word Jesus uses here for those He Loves and chastens Rev 3:19

As many as I love, I rebuke G1651 and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.[/FONT]

TY and Amen Brother !

TrevorL

Greetings beloved57,
Rom 10:3 [FONT=&]For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.[/FONT]

Justification is by faith and this affectionate faith is a response generated within those who have honest and good hearts Luke 8:15 when the One Gospel of the Kingdom and Name is preached Acts 8:5-6,12 and the fruit of this faith is baptism and living the crucified and resurrected life motivated by the love revealed in and through Jesus Galatians 2:20. Calvinism is not the gospel.

Kind regards
Trevor

beloved57

Greetings beloved57, Justification is by faith and this affectionate faith is a response generated within those who have honest and good hearts Luke 8:15 when the One Gospel of the Kingdom and Name is preached Acts 8:5-6,12 and the fruit of this faith is baptism and living the crucified and resurrected life motivated by the love revealed in and through Jesus Galatians 2:20. Calvinism is not the gospel.

Kind regards
Trevor

Did you read my points you quoted?

TrevorL

Greetings again beloved57,
Did you read my points you quoted?
Yes, and I consider that what you have stated in your OP and the posts since then are inadequate. My post was an initial answer to your claims, including your unusual statement regarding Calvinism. Are you endorsing Spurgeon's false statement? Paul introduces the One Gospel in Romans 1:1-4 and also Romans 1:16-17 is the theme of his letter. The Gospel is the power of God unto salvation. This is far removed from your OP and Calvinism. Did you agree with my previous post, and if not why not?

Kind regards
Trevor

beloved57

Greetings again beloved57,Yes, and I consider that what you have stated in your OP and the posts since then are inadequate. My post was an initial answer to your claims, including your unusual statement regarding Calvinism. Are you endorsing Spurgeon's false statement? Paul introduces the One Gospel in Romans 1:1-4 and also Romans 1:16-17 is the theme of his letter. The Gospel is the power of God unto salvation. This is far removed from your OP and Calvinism. Did you agree with my previous post, and if not why not?

Kind regards
Trevor

What did you consider in my Op ? Name the points please.

TrevorL

What did you consider in my Op ? Name the points please.
My main objection when reading your OP is the label at the bottom claiming that Calvinism is the Gospel, but also you speak against faith, repentance and humility. Faith comes from hearing the Gospel, not hearing or adopting Calvinism, this faith brings about a humbling of the individual and repentance and baptism and living the crucified and resurrected life. The process is from God, initiated by God, not man. The Gospel, not Calvinism is the power of God unto salvation.

Kind regards
Trevor

TrevorL

False accusation !
Fair enough, I could have made a wrong assessment. My impression of some aspects of your posts and in Calvinism in general, is that Calvinism takes a different approach to what I have stated concerning the preaching of the One Gospel of the Kingdom and the Name to both Jews and Gentiles throughout all of the Book of Acts, the affectionate response in faith, the fruit of this being baptism Acts 8:5-6, 12 and the crucified and resurrected life motivated by the love of Christ Galatians 2:20.

Kind regards
Trevor

beloved57

Greetings again beloved57,Fair enough, I could have made a wrong assessment. My impression of some aspects of your posts and in Calvinism in general, is that Calvinism takes a different approach to what I have stated concerning the preaching of the One Gospel of the Kingdom and the Name to both Jews and Gentiles throughout all of the Book of Acts, the affectionate response in faith, the fruit of this being baptism Acts 8:5-6, 12 and the crucified and resurrected life motivated by the love of Christ Galatians 2:20.

Kind regards
Trevor

You are evading the OP and purpose for this thread, and starting a rabbit trail

_000_

BANNED
Banned
going about to establish their own righteousness !

Matthew 12:37
For by thy words thou shalt be justified,
and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.