God's commands, from Torah to the New Testament

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
God's commands are found in scripture, given to God's people, Israel, and even God's law written upon minds and hearts in the new covenant for the house of Israel and the house of Judah 2000 years ago in Yeshua Messiah (Jesus Christ).

We have the Torah, the Nevi'im (the Prophets), the Kethuvim (the Writings). God's commands, His instruction to us, are found throughout. In the New Testament Scriptures we see Yeshua (Jesus) the Messiah that was to come, foretold by the prophets in the Jewish Scriptures, which is the TaNaKh or the Law, the Prophets, and the Psalms. Torah (Law), Nevi'im (Prophets), Kethuvim (Writings). The Torah has 613 commands. The New Testament has 1050 commands. For those turning to God from among the Gentiles, there are essentials. See Acts 15 NASB and Acts 21 NASB (Acts 21:25 NASB).

Ephesians 2:11-22 NASB - 11 Therefore remember that formerly you, the Gentiles in the flesh, who are called "Uncircumcision" by the so-called "Circumcision," which is performed in the flesh by human hands-- 12 remember that you were at that time separate from Christ, excluded from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. 14 For He Himself is our peace, who made both groups into one and broke down the barrier of the dividing wall, 15 by abolishing in His flesh the enmity, which is the Law of commandments contained in ordinances, so that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, thus establishing peace, 16 and might reconcile them both in one body to God through the cross, by it having put to death the enmity. 17 AND HE CAME AND PREACHED PEACE TO YOU WHO WERE FAR AWAY, AND PEACE TO THOSE WHO WERE NEAR; 18 for through Him we both have our access in one Spirit to the Father. 19 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God's household, 20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone, 21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord, 22 in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit.

Matthew 5:17-20 NASB - 17 "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18 "For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 "Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 "For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

John 15:9-10 NASB - 9 "Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love. 10 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.

John 14:21 NASB - 21 "He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him."

1 John 4:19 NASB - 19 We love, because He first loved us.

1 John 5:3-5 NASB - 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome. 4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world--our faith. 5 Who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

Deuteronomy 6:4-9 NASB - 4 "Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one! 5 "You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. 6 "These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. 7 "You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. 8 "You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. 9 "You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Leviticus 19:18 NASB - 18 'You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the LORD.

Deuteronomy 6:5 NASB - 5 "You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.

Deuteronomy 13:3 NASB - 3 you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams; for the LORD your God is testing you to find out if you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

Deuteronomy 30:6 NASB - 6 "Moreover the LORD your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, so that you may live.

Matthew 22:37 NASB - 37 And He said to him, " 'YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.'

Mark 12:30 NASB - 30 AND YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH.'

Luke 10:27 NASB - 27 And he answered, "YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND; AND YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."

Deuteronomy 10:12 NASB - 12 "Now, Israel, what does the LORD your God require from you, but to fear the LORD your God, to walk in all His ways and love Him, and to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul,

Deuteronomy 11:13 NASB - 13 "It shall come about, if you listen obediently to my commandments which I am commanding you today, to love the LORD your God and to serve Him with all your heart and all your soul,

Joshua 22:5 NASB - 5 "Only be very careful to observe the commandment and the law which Moses the servant of the LORD commanded you, to love the LORD your God and walk in all His ways and keep His commandments and hold fast to Him and serve Him with all your heart and with all your soul."

Leviticus 19:18 NASB - 18 'You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the LORD.

Matthew 5:43 NASB - 43 "You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy.'

Matthew 19:19 NASB - 19 HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER; and YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."

Matthew 22:39 NASB - 39 "The second is like it, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.'

Mark 12:31 NASB - "The second is this, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.' There is no other commandment greater than these."

Mark 12:33 NASB - AND TO LOVE HIM WITH ALL THE HEART AND WITH ALL THE UNDERSTANDING AND WITH ALL THE STRENGTH, AND TO LOVE ONE'S NEIGHBOR AS HIMSELF, is much more than all burnt offerings and sacrifices."

Luke 10:27 NASB - 27 And he answered, "YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND; AND YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."

Romans 13:8-10 NASB - 8 Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law. 9 For this, "YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, YOU SHALL NOT MURDER, YOU SHALL NOT STEAL, YOU SHALL NOT COVET," and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this saying, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF." 10 Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

Galatians 5:14 NASB - 14 For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."

James 2:8 NASB - 8 If, however, you are fulfilling the royal law according to the Scripture, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF," you are doing well.

False Prophet

[12] And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
Rev 22
Every thing shall be established by two witnesses.
[12] Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. Rev 14

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
[12] And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
Rev 22
Every thing shall be established by two witnesses.
[12] Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. Rev 14
I don't know for sure what this applies to, but it has both the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus. This is more than just belief or just doctrine. Except that our doctrine or teaching would include the commands of God and the truth about God and Jesus, who God is and who Jesus is and what God has done for us in Jesus Christ His Son, and what Jesus has done for us.

Revelation 14:12 NASB - 12 Here is the perseverance of the saints who keep the commandments of God and their faith in Jesus.

TweetyBird

I don't know for sure what this applies to, but it has both the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus. This is more than just belief or just doctrine. Except that our doctrine or teaching would include the commands of God and the truth about God and Jesus, who God is and who Jesus is and what God has done for us in Jesus Christ His Son, and what Jesus has done for us.

Revelation 14:12 NASB - 12 Here is the perseverance of the saints who keep the commandments of God and their faith in Jesus.

That would mean that no one is a saint if this is your position regarding the commandments of God. The only Law that one can keep is the Law of Christ, which does not include the Law of Moses. You can quote all the verses you want about a new covenant, but you do not believe one word of them because you are a Torah only advocate which is no longer the covenant of God. The new covenant is NOT LIKE the one given at Mt Sinai. It is a NEW covenant [H2319] - unheard of before, brand new, fresh. It is not a recycled old covenant repainted and fixed up and made to appear brand new. If God meant a recycled covenant when He spoke to Jeremiah, He would have used the word H2318.

There are two separate and distinct forms of chadash listed in the Hebrew lexicon for new (H2319) and renewed (H2318). Another Biblical Hebrew form for renewed is mechudash, the pu`al particple from the root (shoresh) chet-dalet-shin. Chidesh is a modern Hebrew word that is also used for renewed.

H2319
חדשׁ
châdâsh
BDB Definition:
1) new, new thing, fresh
Part of Speech: adjective
A Related Word by BDB/Strong’s Number: from H2318
Same Word by TWOT Number: 613a

H2318
חדשׁ
châdash
BDB Definition:
1) to be new, renew, repair
1a) (Piel)
1a1) to renew, make anew
1a2) to repair
1b) (Hithpael) to renew oneself

The Hebrew word chadash into a Greek equivalent for the Septuagint (LXX) and their definitions:

H2319

chadash G2537 kainos
chadash G3501 neos

G2537
καινοìς
kainos
Thayer Definition:
1) new
1a) as respects form
1a1) recently made, fresh, recent, unused, unworn
1b) as respects substance
1b1) of a new kind, unprecedented, novel, uncommon, unheard of
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: of uncertain affinity
Citing in TDNT: 3:447, 388

G3501
νεìος / νεωìτερος
neos / neōteros
Thayer Definition:
1) recently born, young, youthful
2) new
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: a primary word
Citing in TDNT: 4:896, 628

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That would mean that no one is a saint if this is your position regarding the commandments of God. The only Law that one can keep is the Law of Christ, which does not include the Law of Moses. You can quote all the verses you want about a new covenant, but you do not believe one word of them because you are a Torah only advocate which is no longer the covenant of God. The new covenant is NOT LIKE the one given at Mt Sinai. It is a NEW covenant [H2319] - unheard of before, brand new, fresh. It is not a recycled old covenant repainted and fixed up and made to appear brand new. If God meant a recycled covenant when He spoke to Jeremiah, He would have used the word H2318.

There are two separate and distinct forms of chadash listed in the Hebrew lexicon for new (H2319) and renewed (H2318). Another Biblical Hebrew form for renewed is mechudash, the pu`al particple from the root (shoresh) chet-dalet-shin. Chidesh is a modern Hebrew word that is also used for renewed.

H2319
חדשׁ
châdâsh
BDB Definition:
1) new, new thing, fresh
A Related Word by BDB/Strong’s Number: from H2318
Same Word by TWOT Number: 613a

H2318
חדשׁ
châdash
BDB Definition:
1) to be new, renew, repair
1a) (Piel)
1a1) to renew, make anew
1a2) to repair
1b) (Hithpael) to renew oneself

The Hebrew word chadash into a Greek equivalent for the Septuagint (LXX) and their definitions:

H2319

chadash G2537 kainos
chadash G3501 neos

G2537
καινοìς
kainos
Thayer Definition:
1) new
1a) as respects form
1a1) recently made, fresh, recent, unused, unworn
1b) as respects substance
1b1) of a new kind, unprecedented, novel, uncommon, unheard of
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: of uncertain affinity
Citing in TDNT: 3:447, 388

G3501
νεìος / νεωìτερος
neos / neōteros
Thayer Definition:
1) recently born, young, youthful
2) new
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: a primary word
Citing in TDNT: 4:896, 628
There are five books that make up the Torah. Torah is more than this. But start with the Torah. It is the beginning of the TaNaKh (the Torah - Law, the Nevi'im - Prophets, and the Kethuvim - Writings) or the Law, the Prophets, and the Psalms.

God made a covenant with Israel at Mount Sinai. The new covenant is not like the old which the people broke, although God was a husband to them (Israel). The new covenant is with the house of Israel and the house of Judah. It is God's law written on minds and hearts.