God made Him

RgMiller

BANNED
Banned
God made Him who had no sin to be sin for us,
so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God.
2 Cor. 5:21

1. Who is Him?

TrevorL

Greetings RgMiller,
so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God.2 Cor. 5:21
1. Who is Him?
Welcome to the forum. The context tells us that the “he” of verse 21 is God, and this is the one God, the Father, and the “him” is Christ, and this is our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
2 Corinthians 5:17-21 (KJV): 17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; 19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. 20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God. 21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
2. Do you believe that God made Jesus Christ?
Even though the immediate context is not speaking of God creating Jesus, but yes, I believe that God created Jesus and that He is the firstborn of the New Creation.

Kind regards
Trevor

RgMiller

BANNED
Banned
Greetings RgMiller,Welcome to the forum. The context tells us that the “he” of verse 21 is God, and this is the one God, the Father, and the “him” is Christ, and this is our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
2 Corinthians 5:17-21 (KJV): 17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; 19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. 20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God. 21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Kind regards
Trevor
3. Do you believe you are a new creature?

RgMiller

BANNED
Banned
Greetings RgMiller,Welcome to the forum. The context tells us that the “he” of verse 21 is God, and this is the one God, the Father, and the “him” is Christ, and this is our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
Even though the immediate context is not speaking of God creating Jesus, but yes, I believe that God created Jesus and that He is the firstborn of the New Creation.

Kind regards
Trevor
6. Do you believe that God created Jesus to be sin?

TrevorL

Greetings again RgMiller,
3. Do you believe you are a new creature?
Yes, when we believe the gospel and are baptised we arise as a new creature in Christ.
4. Do you believe the image of the invisible God is sin?
The new creation in a believer is patterned off Jesus and is not sin. There is both an initial and gradual process of replacement of the thinking and the ways of the flesh with the thinking and ways of the Spirit.
5. Then why do you believe the author of this verse which states that God made Him?
You are putting the wrong emphasis on the word “made”. Even though the immediate context is not speaking of God creating Jesus, but yes, I believe that God created Jesus and that He is the firstborn of the New Creation.

Kind regards
Trevor

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
5. Then why do you believe the author of this verse
which states that God made Him?
He made Him to be sin FOR us. God didn't make Himself. Which means He didn't create Jesus Christ, He was with the Father in the beginning and Jesus Christ created all things.

RgMiller

BANNED
Banned
Greetings again RgMiller, Yes, when we believe the gospel and are baptised we arise as a new creature in Christ. The new creation in a believer is patterned off Jesus and is not sin. There is both an initial and gradual process of replacement of the thinking and the ways of the flesh with the thinking and ways of the Spirit. You are putting the wrong emphasis on the word “made”. Even though the immediate context is not speaking of God creating Jesus, but yes, I believe that God created Jesus and that He is the firstborn of the New Creation.

Kind regards
Trevor

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God.
2 Cor. 5:21

1. Who is Him?

"Him" is Jesus Christ.

The Father imputed sin to Christ on the cross so that those who trust in His work of suffering for the sins of humanity might be imputed His righteousness and be justified by faith in GOD's sight.

RgMiller

BANNED
Banned
"Him" is Jesus Christ.

The Father imputed sin to Christ on the cross so that those who trust in His work of suffering for the sins of humanity might be imputed His righteousness and be justified by faith in GOD's sight.

8. Do you believe the Father is Christ?

TrevorL

Greetings again RgMiller,
7. Do you believe that Jesus Christ is sin?
This will be my last response for a few hours. Yes Jesus was made sin, but this can only be understood properly if we understand the role of Jesus as the Sin bearer, and also the figure of metonymy, and possibly Romans 8:3 and 1 Peter 2:18-25 need to be carefully considered to explain the terminology here in 2 Corinthians 5:21. I appreciate your quick fire questions, but I am not sure that you have explained what you believe here.

Kind regards
Trevor

RgMiller

BANNED
Banned
Greetings again RgMiller, This will be my last response for a few hours. Yes Jesus was made sin, but this can only be understood properly if we understand the role of Jesus as the Sin bearer, and also the figure of metonymy, and possibly Romans 8:3 and 1 Peter 2:18-25 need to be carefully considered to explain the terminology here in 2 Corinthians 5:21. I appreciate your quick fire questions, but I am not sure that you have explained what you believe here.

Kind regards
Trevor

7. Do you believe that Jesus Christ is sin?