Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gannett News Service interviews Bob re Filibusters

Wednesday April 27th, 2005. This is show # 83.

BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW
If you go to kgov.com you could send out this email real easily to The Rocky Mountain News and it says this:

"Can't the news report this? Dobson is outraged by his "own" judges! Shouldn’t the News inform readers that even though Dobson gave the 11th Circuit decision against Terri Schiavo as an example that the judiciary is “out of control,” all six of the justices nominated by his pro-life Republican presidents (Reagan, Bush I, and Bush II), voted against his own position? All six! He’s outraged by his own judges. As Bob Enyart's KGOV.com asks, Isn’t that newsworthy?"

If you agree with the above message, then please copy it (highlight and Ctrl-C), then click to email CarrollV and TempleJ at the RockyMountainNews.com, ( carrollv@rockymountainnews.com, templej@rockymountainnews.com ) and paste (Ctrl-V) the above message into your email.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
My email to both reporters has just been sent. Hopefully this story will get enough press to get Dobson's attention. The only way a successful pro-life boycott of the next election will happen is if Dobson gets on board.

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
I thought that was one of the best BEL shows that I have ever heard. The way that Bob had to say everything slowly and deliberately, and with several pauses, made the truth of his statements stark, and in contrast to the, preconeptions of both the liberal left and the "Religious Right".
He spoke a previously unclear message, in a clear and convincing way. Bob certainly spoke for me and a small number of my friends, when he stressed the points concerning, the Republican Supreme court, the never compromise Republican party politics, {GREAT line, btw} Terri Shiavo, and assisted suicide, and even the drinking versus drunkenness issue.
I would only add my one conclusion that I have come to realize. There is probably not a more, ' truly liberal', set of people in this country, than judges. I think if you did have a pro- life litmus test for judges, you could not find enough to stock the highest courts with them. It would be like liberals saying, " OK, you conservatives can use your litmus test for judges, for the next Supreme Court vacancy. Our only pre-condition is that she simply be a woman judge who is also a member of the NOW or ACLU! GOOD LUCK!"

Status
Not open for further replies.