Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Forgiveness and Pacifism Hurt Amish

This is the show from Wednesday September 26th, 2007.

BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:
Liberals say to tolerate your neighbor. Jesus said to love your neighbor. There's a big difference. Jesus said love your neighbor which means you are committed to the good of someone. Tolerance will be apathetic. "Hey I'll tolerate him. He wants to destroy himself? What's that to me?" But Jesus said love your neighbor as yourself.

SUMMARY:

* Amish school boys struggle: a year after their female classmates were murdered, pacifism and forgiveness without discretion are two false teachings that have hurt their ability to recover from the tragedy.

Today's Resource: Enjoy listening to Bob Enyart's Bible study on miracles and healing! It's titled Details Galore! Also, you can read the same information in Bob's life's work, the best-selling manuscript, The Plot!

MrRadish

What, then, would YOU do, in light of the fact that the murderer shot himself before the police caught him?

Varangian

What, then, would YOU do, in light of the fact that the murderer shot himself before the police caught him?

C'mon, we all know there's no more healthy response to something like this than sitting around being angry about it for the rest of your life. :duh:

Varangian

That doesn't mean you have to forgive him.

In the long run forgiveness benefits the one on the giving end of that forgiveness as much or more than the one on the receiving end. Sitting around and remaining bitter about the actions of a dead man will do nothing to hurt him and great deal to hurt oneself.

Oh, and if you read the actual article, the summary posted has absolutely nothing to do with it. It has to do with the kids who survived feeling guilty about having not been able to do anything to stop what happened.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
In the long run forgiveness benefits the one on the giving end of that forgiveness as much or more than the one on the receiving end. Sitting around and remaining bitter about the actions of a dead man will do nothing to hurt him and great deal to hurt oneself.

Oh, and if you read the actual article, the summary posted has absolutely nothing to do with it. It has to do with the kids who survived feeling guilty about having not been able to do anything to stop what happened.
Who said anything about feeling bitter? Not forgiving doesn't mean holding a grudge. And they feel guilty about not having been able to stop it because they were not allowed. It's against the rules of being Amish. If it wasn't, then maybe somebody could have done something to stop it, and they wouldn't feel guilty.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
GOOD SHOW!! :thumb:
Yes. I'm glad I can finally listen to them on a regular basis. Now, if I could only listen to the live shows. But, alas, I'm at work when they air. Maybe on one of my days off...

What's the URL for the radio station website again?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
They are on at 6am over here. I'm asleep at that time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.