Fill their faces with shame; that they may seek thy name, O LORD -- Psalm 83

beameup

This is the conclusion of the Arab-Israeli War described in Psalm 83:

For, lo, thine enemies make a tumult: and they that hate THEE [YHWH] have lifted up the head [pride] They have taken crafty counsel against THY PEOPLE [Israel], and consulted against thy hidden ones [could be the Church]
They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from being a NATION; that the name of ISRAEL may be no more in remembrance. For they have consulted together with one consent: they are CONFEDERATED against THEE - Psalm 83:2-5

Then it goes on to identify all the nations (peoples) surrounding present-day Israel.

O my God, make them like a wheel [millstone threshing]; as the stubble before the wind. As the fire burneth a wood, and as the flame setteth the mountains on fire; So persecute them with thy tempest, and make them afraid with thy storm. Fill their faces with shame; that they may seek thy name, O LORD. Let them be confounded and troubled forever; yea, let them be put to shame, and perish: That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH [YHWH], art the most high over all the earth. - Psalm 83:13-18

So, we see the collapse of Islam and its false-god Allah;
the triumph of modern day Israel over the Arabs;
and glory and honor given to the God of Israel YHWH

chair

This chapter of Psalms is referring to events that are now in the past. But you can interpret them to mean all sorts of things. For example: Edom refers to Christianity, which tried to eradicate God's people....

beameup

This chapter of Psalms is referring to events that are now in the past. But you can interpret them to mean all sorts of things. For example: Edom refers to Christianity, which tried to eradicate God's people....
The primary tenant of war is "know your enemy". Obviously you are oblivious to this fact. However, there are those in the IDF that know precisely what this Psalm is referring to, and are planning for victory.

It also appears that you are oblivious to your own Tanakh, as the Edomites are direct descendants of Esau. Perhaps you should "do a little research" to enlighten yourself to the history of the area.

Here is a chart to show how your "neighbors" identify with their ancestors:
ps.-83-chart.png

Last edited:

chair

The primary tenant of war is "know your enemy". Obviously you are oblivious to this fact. However, there are those in the IDF that know precisely what this Psalm is referring to, and are planning for victory.

It also appears that you are oblivious to your own Tanakh, as the Edomites are direct descendants of Esau. Perhaps you should "do a little research" to enlighten yourself to the history of the area.

Here is a chart to show how your "neighbors" identify with their ancestors:
ps.-83-chart.png

That chart is simply silly.
By the way, I don't take kindly to outsiders telling me who my enemies are. I know them all too well, and from a lot closer than you armchair strategists.

beameup

That chart is simply silly.
By the way, I don't take kindly to outsiders telling me who my enemies are. I know them all too well, and from a lot closer than you armchair strategists.

Well, if you "know your enemies" then you should also know the unfulfilled prophecies that concern the wars that you will soon encounter with them.
The end result of those wars will bring unsurpassed wealth, security and expansion to Israel and bring glory to the God of Israel.

Of course, you've indicated previously that you have grave doubts to certain key historical events recorded in the Bible, so it's very likely that you are oblivious to certain future prophetic events as well.
Many "gentiles" who worship the God of Israel, and those many Messianic Jews in Israel, certainly are aware of the major events that are fast approaching and that will impact the whole world.

chair

You can speculate endlessly about verses in the Bible. here we have to deal with the reality in front of us.

beameup

You can speculate endlessly about verses in the Bible. here we have to deal with the reality in front of us.

The rumor is that there will soon be a successful peace process between Israel and the Palestinian Authority.

And the house of Jacob shall be a fire, and the house of Joseph a flame, and the house of Esau for stubble, and they shall kindle in them, and devour them; and there shall not be any remaining of the house of Esau; for YHWH hath spoken it. - Obadiah 1:18

The burden of Damascus.
Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.
- Isaiah 17:1

Interplanner

The rumor is that there will soon be a successful peace process between Israel and the Palestinian Authority.

The Bible does not have a map or guide to modern events. Only the general doctrine of the harrassment of all believers all over the world, which is defeated as this earth is consumed and the NHNE are made, Rev 20-21.

The pursuit of such a 'map' is a total waste of effort and time.

beameup

The Bible does not have a map or guide to modern events.
The pursuit of such a 'map' is a total waste of effort and time.

So, you are saying that God is a "time waster" for providing us with this map,
derived from the final chapters of Ezekiel? Perhaps you are implying that
the entire Old Testament is deceitful?
ezekielland_mil.gif

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:rotfl: