False Bibles

lighthouse99

These are many versions of the Bible that I find to be inaccurate, poorly worded, etc, that seem to change or nearly change the original meaning of Scripture (original as in: the Hebrew/Aramaic versions).

The worst version of the Bible is the Koran

Yes, the Koran appears to be a form of Bible.

Have you read it?

It seems that whoever wrote it took bits and pieces of the true (Christian) Bible and interjected very un-biblical texts into it.

I have not read the whole thing, but I read a few of the first chapters. What comes to me is that it was written by a mere man, yet comes across as though it were written by God, something the Christian Bible does as well

But the Christian Bible really is the Word of God

How do I know that?

Well… I just know—but in any case, whether or not I believe in the Bible as God’s Word is not the main point I am focused on

The fact that Jesus really did exist—and all historians acknowledge that He did—supports the veracity and validity of the Bible, if nothing else.

Jesus quoted from the Old Testament, so if you believe in Jesus (all He said & did), you have to accept the Old Testament (as He did), although Jesus did change a few things, such things as “an eye for an eye…” That particular change concerning not taking revenge was one that the writer(s) of the Koran did NOT make. They believe in revenge

Again, some of the passages in the Koran can be found in the Christian Bible, but

You know how it goes with truth being mixed with error—not a good thing

Here are some excerpts from the Koran that contradict the Bible:

God does not love the ungrateful

[In the Old Testament it says God hates sin/sinners, not those who, say, feel that God has abandoned them (hence the lack of perfect gratitude). Even Jesus felt abandoned while on the Cross.

2:231 When you have divorced your wives…

[plural]

2:191 and 216: Oppression is worse than killing

[Well, I suppose this could be true in certain situations; God knows]

2:194 Oppress those who oppress you

[The Old Testament says: “Vengeance is MINE, saith the Lord; I will repay” (emphasis added)]

2:216 Enjoined on you is fighting

Then there is this interesting item: God is referred to as “We” throughout the 2nd (and/or 1st?) chapter(s) yet Muslims say the Trinity is false because it is “3 gods” (as they see it)

2:271 If you give alms openly, it is good but if you do it secretly that is better

[Jesus said to do alms secretly, Period]

2:286 (This part asks God for forgiveness and mercy, but such forgiveness is, throughout the book, repeatedly denied to “infidels”)

2:223 Women are like fields for you… so seed them as you intend

:shocked:

Truster

and?

don't get what you are getting at. Have you read the Koran?

What I'm ''getting at'' is nothing the world and the pit can do will prevent the conversion and regeneration of those that are called. Nothing the world or the pit can do to take us* out of His hand.

Us* The redeemed.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In case you have not heard, the Koran is not a bible. It is the holy Book of Islam.

Bradley D

I am reading the Koran to learn more about the religion. Mohammed himself claimed to come from the line of Abraham through Ishmael the son of the maid. At the beginning they refused to join the Jews or Christian religion. They acknowledge Jesus as a prophet, but not as the Son of God. Their writings seem to be based loosely upon the OT and NT. They told their people not to associate with the Jews or Christians probably because of their differences.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace, not (the way) of those who earned Your Anger (such as the Jews), nor of those who went astray (such as the Christians).

(Surah 1:7 The Noble Quran)​

Truster

I am reading the Koran to learn more about the religion. Mohammed himself claimed to come from the line of Abraham through Ishmael the son of the maid. At the beginning they refused to join the Jews or Christian religion. They acknowledge Jesus as a prophet, but not as the Son of God. Their writings seem to be based loosely upon the OT and NT. They told their people not to associate with the Jews or Christians probably because of their differences.

Mohammed had travelled extensively in the region and was well versed in the religion of the Hebrews and the new religion of The Way. He understood that the new religion accepted and taught that Yah Shua is the Messiah, but he could not accept that He was the Eternal Son of Elohim. Mohammed's argument was simple. Elohim would not allow His Son to suffer such a cursed death upon a tree.

6days

Ligthouse99 said:
These are many versions of the Bible that I find to be inaccurate, poorly worded, etc, that seem to change or nearly change the original meaning of Scripture (original as in: the Hebrew/Aramaic versions).*
The worst version of the Bible is the Koran
Yes, the Koran appears to be a form of Bible.*

All the top translations are quite good.*

The Qu'ran is not a version of the Bible. It is very contradictory to our Bibles and describes a very different god. Yes, it does borrow some of the history, but that is all.*

6days

Interestingly..... the Qu'ran rightly admonishes 'people of the book' for their unrighteous behavior...and ignoring God's Word. Muslims often say that our Bibles have been corrupted yet the Qu'ran says the opposite. The Qu'ran rightly says some of the people were corrupted and changed God's Word. However, even the Qu'ran says that our Torah, Psalms and Gospel were given by Allah, who will protect it from corruption.
(Not saying I believe the Qu'ran...it is self contradictory, and also contradicts what many Muslims believe it says re. Bible corruption)

Ben Masada

well, if anyone has an intelligent point to make, i will answer so far, i need not worry

I do have one. If all that, in Biblical terms have come after the Tanach which was what existed at the time of Jesus and that he used to refer to as the Tanach, does it mean that the NT is a false Bible?

Ben Masada

The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace, not (the way) of those who earned Your Anger (such as the Jews), nor of those who went astray (such as the Christians).

(Surah 1:7 The Noble Quran)​

True that the Jews provoked the Lord many times into anger for their stiff necked attitude but as the Lord made it very sure that for many times also they set things right with the Lord through repentance and return to the obedience of the Law and the Lord turned a friendly eye at them and forgave them of their sins. (Isa. 1:18,19)

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
There's all kinds of odd little variances that Muslims believe of the Old Testament stories. Like a giant who latched on to Noah's Ark, for example.

And then, there's God symbolized as the Sun in the Judeo-Christian Scriptures while with Islam He is symbolized as the Moon.

There's angels, like Azrael, which found their way into Arabic belief and not so much among the Jews.

With Jesus, he is the co-prophet of Mohammad according to Islam and not the Son of God, and this is reinforced by the idea that the New Testament Scriptures are all heresies from largely nameless fanatics of the first century after his death.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
1. Paul's letters must have been written in Greek and not Hebrew/Aramaic because they were being directed to Gentiles living outside of Palestine.

2. Given that none of the original Biblical texts have survived, the translators' notes in different Biblical versions make no claims to be divinely inspired or infallible.

3. Beyond the New Testament, itself, there are no independent sources from this period that confirm the existence of Christ.

4. While the OP may not be impressed with the Koran, it is widely considered one of the finest examples of Arabic literature.

5. Muslims believe the Quran was verbally revealed by God to Muhammad through the angel Gabriel (Jibril) over a period of approximately 23 years. Christ, in marked contrast, is not on record as having contributed any written material to the Bible.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Mohammed had travelled extensively in the region and was well versed in the religion of the Hebrews and the new religion of The Way. He understood that the new religion accepted and taught that Yah Shua is the Messiah, but he could not accept that He was the Eternal Son of Elohim. Mohammed's argument was simple. Elohim would not allow His Son to suffer such a cursed death upon a tree.

There is no 'Yah Shua' in Hebrew.
The Hebrew word for 'salvation' is 'Yeshua'.