Faith in Christ or Faith in a Religion?

Robert Pate

Banned
If you have faith in Christ you will not need a religion.

Religion does not lead one to Christ and his Gospel, It leads one away from Christ and his Gospel and into themselves. There was no religion in the early church, the only religion was the religion of the Pharisees. They lived according to the law. The words "law" and "religion" mean the same thing. When one is doing their religion they are doing the law. Paul taught that "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17 Living by laws or rules is not living by faith in Christ.

Calvinist, Catholics and others are not living by faith in Christ, they are living by religion. They cannot and will not renounce their false religion and live by faith in Christ alone. Religion is their security blanket. Without their religion they do not feel saved. They cannot cease from their own works and enter into his rest, Hebrews 4:10. When my Son was a little boy he had his security blanket. Everywhere that he went he had to have his blanket, it was just a small piece of cloth. He finally outgrew it because the dog ate holes in it.

Calvinist do not believe that Jesus has atoned for the sins of the world, even when the Bible says that he has, 1 John 2:2 also 1 John 4:14. This indicates that they do not have faith in Christ, nor do they believe the Bible. If you cannot believe the Bible that is very serious thing. Yet they believe in the writings of John Calvin, who in my opinion was a heretic. Without faith in Christ you are lost. No one will be saved that does not believe that Jesus is their savior and is the savior of the whole world.

The main purpose of religion is to lead you into yourself, who is a sinner. Satan does not want you living by faith in Christ, he is very happy when you are religious. No where in the Bible does it say that religion saves. What it does say is that Jesus is the savior and that he saves to the uttermost.

"Wherefore he is able to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him (Christ) seeing that he lives to make intercession for them" Hebrews 7:25.

Christ is in heaven at the right hand of God mediating his righteousness and his atonement for our sins. Salvation has been provided for everyone, but its not yours if you don't receive it, John 1:12.

balut55

You are 100% correct. Religion is married to the state not the bride groom.

For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

Mark 7:8

My wife's grandfather accepted Catholicism at the end of a gun. It was either accept it or die.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Robert Pate

Banned
You are 100% correct. Religion is married to the state not the bride groom.

For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

Mark 7:8

My wife's grandfather accepted Catholicism at the end of a gun. It was either accept it or die.

He would have been better off to die.

balut55

My wife finally sees the truth. She would use the word,tradition, all the time. It's my tradition. I told her that tradition was gonna take her salvation away.

I owe a lot to Philipinos though. I have been treated so bad by nurses where I work that the theme of not trusting man was easy to see. A lot of them have arrogant pride of life. My mentor showed me the truth about the Catholic Church. Rude Catholics reinforced his teachings. I did my own poll on summary executions that President Duterte ordered. 8 out of 10 agreed with it. Sick.

beloved57

If you have faith in Christ you will not need a religion.

Religion does not lead one to Christ and his Gospel, It leads one away from Christ and his Gospel and into themselves. There was no religion in the early church, the only religion was the religion of the Pharisees. They lived according to the law. The words "law" and "religion" mean the same thing. When one is doing their religion they are doing the law. Paul taught that "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17 Living by laws or rules is not living by faith in Christ.

Calvinist, Catholics and others are not living by faith in Christ, they are living by religion. They cannot and will not renounce their false religion and live by faith in Christ alone. Religion is their security blanket. Without their religion they do not feel saved. They cannot cease from their own works and enter into his rest, Hebrews 4:10. When my Son was a little boy he had his security blanket. Everywhere that he went he had to have his blanket, it was just a small piece of cloth. He finally outgrew it because the dog ate holes in it.

Calvinist do not believe that Jesus has atoned for the sins of the world, even when the Bible says that he has, 1 John 2:2 also 1 John 4:14. This indicates that they do not have faith in Christ, nor do they believe the Bible. If you cannot believe the Bible that is very serious thing. Yet they believe in the writings of John Calvin, who in my opinion was a heretic. Without faith in Christ you are lost. No one will be saved that does not believe that Jesus is their savior and is the savior of the whole world.

The main purpose of religion is to lead you into yourself, who is a sinner. Satan does not want you living by faith in Christ, he is very happy when you are religious. No where in the Bible does it say that religion saves. What it does say is that Jesus is the savior and that he saves to the uttermost.

"Wherefore he is able to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him (Christ) seeing that he lives to make intercession for them" Hebrews 7:25.

Christ is in heaven at the right hand of God mediating his righteousness and his atonement for our sins. Salvation has been provided for everyone, but its not yours if you don't receive it, John 1:12.

You dont have Faith in Christ.You dont believe that sinners He died for are saved from their sins.Thats unbelief!

balut55

Jesus is the high priest that replaced religion. Man and Satan created religion.

John 2:19
Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

Did you miss this one?

balut55

He is the Temple. Only those outside the one world church will go to heaven. Pope Francis will make one church,unified under Satan.

balut55

The United States protects the beast churches under the guise of religious freedom. Wake up. Come out of her.

And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Robert Pate

Banned
The United States protects the beast churches under the guise of religious freedom. Wake up. Come out of her.

And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

As long as there is freedom of religion Christians will not be persecuted.

There are several on this Forum that would like to shut up those that oppose their religion.

Robert Pate

Banned
All religions were conceived by Satan. They were designed to draw people away from Christ and his Gospel and into themselves who are sinners. Religious works do not satisfy the righteousness of God. The only thing that satisfies the righteousness of God is the works of Jesus Christ. In the judgment if you are not found to be "In Christ" you will perish.

Nanja

All religions were conceived by Satan. They were designed to draw people away from Christ and his Gospel and into themselves who are sinners. Religious works do not satisfy the righteousness of God. The only thing that satisfies the righteousness of God is the works of Jesus Christ. In the judgment if you are not found to be "In Christ" you will perish.

The only ones which are In Christ are those whom the Father has Chosen in Christ, His Sons, before the foundation of the world, to be Holy and without blame before Him in Love Eph. 1:4-5!

Robert Pate

Banned
The only ones which are In Christ are those whom the Father has Chosen in Christ, His Sons, before the foundation of the world, to be Holy and without blame before Him in Love Eph. 1:4-5!

God has chosen no one. If God predestinated one person to hell that would make him unjust.

How can you possibly have faith in a God that predestinates billions to hell before they are born?

Answer is you can't and you don't. What you have faith in is a doctrine that was conceived in the twisted, depraved mind of a heretic.

You are on the broad road to destruction if you don't repent of the terrible things that you believe about God and his Son Jesus Christ.

Eagles Wings

The true believer is ever so humbled by the grace of God, who pours Faith into our hearts, justifies the sinner, and gives Blessed Assurance of glory through Christ, our Lord.

Solus Christus: Salvation is obtained through the atoning work of Christ Alone

Nanja

God has chosen no one. If God predestinated one person to hell that would make him unjust.

How can you possibly have faith in a God that predestinates billions to hell before they are born?

Answer is you can't and you don't. What you have faith in is a doctrine that was conceived in the twisted, depraved mind of a heretic.

You are on the broad road to destruction if you don't repent of the terrible things that you believe about God and his Son Jesus Christ.

You speak of a different god!

The scriptures witness to the fact that the True God and Creator of all things had chosen and predestinated a world that He Loved in Union with Christ to be His Adopted Sons / Children.

Eph. 1:4-7
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: 5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, 6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. 7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Rom. 8:29-30
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

And God's Word also attests to the fact that He created some to be destroyed, objects of His Wrath, and turns them into hell Ps. 9:16-17. Shall the thing formed say to Him that formed it, Why has thou made me thus? Rom. 9:20

Prov. 16:4
The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Job 21:30
That the wicked is reserved to the day of destruction? they shall be brought forth to the day of wrath.

Rom. 9:22
What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

Jude 1:4
For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Mat. 25:41
Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Robert Pate

Banned

You speak of a different god!

The scriptures witness to the fact that the True God and Creator of all things had chosen and predestinated a world that He Loved in Union with Christ to be His Adopted Sons / Children.

Eph. 1:4-7
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: 5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, 6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. 7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Rom. 8:29-30
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

And God's Word also attests to the fact that He created some to be destroyed, objects of His Wrath, and turns them into hell Ps. 9:16-17. Shall the thing formed say to Him that formed it, Why has thou made me thus? Rom. 9:20

Prov. 16:4
The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Job 21:30
That the wicked is reserved to the day of destruction? they shall be brought forth to the day of wrath.

Rom. 9:22
What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

Jude 1:4
For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Mat. 25:41
Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

The only ones that are saved and indwelt by the Holy Spirit are those who have heard and believe the Gospel.

THAT LEAVES YOU OUT!

You have never believed the Gospel. If you believed the Gospel you would not need Calvinism.

beloved57

The only ones that are saved and indwelt by the Holy Spirit are those who have heard and believe the Gospel.

THAT LEAVES YOU OUT!

You have never believed the Gospel. If you believed the Gospel you would not need Calvinism.

You deny the Gospel, you don't believe that Christ death saved them He died for, that is a denial of the Good News!

beloved57

False statements not found in scripture, and you don't believe that Christ death alone saved them He died for!

Robert Pate

Banned
False statements not found in scripture, and you don't believe that Christ death alone saved them He died for!

This thread is especially for you. What you have faith in is a religion, the Calvinist religion.

It is very apparent that you don't have faith in God. Its not possible to have faith in a God that damns people to hell before they are born, nor do you have faith in Christ. The scripture teaches that Jesus is the savior of the whole world. You don't believe the Bible, instead you believe the words of a heretic.

beloved57

This thread is especially for you. What you have faith in is a religion, the Calvinist religion.

It is very apparent that you don't have faith in God. Its not possible to have faith in a God that damns people to hell before they are born, nor do you have faith in Christ. The scripture teaches that Jesus is the savior of the whole world. You don't believe the Bible, instead you believe the words of a heretic.
But you teach that sinners Christ died for remain unsaved and lost,denying He is the Saviour!

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app