Facebook suppressing vaccine hesitancy stories as well as negative experiences

Gary K

Banned
Facebook is at it again. They are censoring stories about how many people are not taking the vaccine as well as stories of people's negative experiences with the vaccine. Not one, but two of Facebook's people went to Project Veritas with the information.

expos4ever

From wikipedia:

Project Veritas is an American far-right[37] activist group founded by James O'Keefe in 2010.[41] The group produces deceptively edited videos[24] of its undercover operations,[16] which use secret recordings[17] in an effort to discredit mainstream media organizations and progressive groups.[49][50] Project Veritas also uses entrapment[23] to generate bad publicity for its targets,[2] and has propagated disinformation[14] and conspiracy theories[57] in its videos and operations.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
From wikipedia:

Project Veritas is an American far-right[37] activist group founded by James O'Keefe in 2010.[41] The group produces deceptively edited videos[24] of its undercover operations,[16] which use secret recordings[17] in an effort to discredit mainstream media organizations and progressive groups.[49][50] Project Veritas also uses entrapment[23] to generate bad publicity for its targets,[2] and has propagated disinformation[14] and conspiracy theories[57] in its videos and operations.

Is what was said about Facebook true? If so, you're committing a genetic fallacy to try to discredit the report, and are therefore part of the problem.

Gary K

Banned
From wikipedia:

This is one hilarious post. Your reasoning is so fallacious it just cracks me up. It's a pure ad hominen attack. You don't even attempt to argue the the facts of the story. You just attack the source. Prove the story wrong. Show the evidence isn't true.

I guess you believe the whistleblowers are also"far right" conspiracy theorists. That's hilarious.

The final kicker in your attempt to lie, is that Facebook has already confirmed the story by publishing the the fact that they do exactly what they are charged with doing. https://about.fb.com/news/2020/04/covid-19-misinfo-update/#removing-more-false-claims .

Gary K

Banned
From wikipedia:

The final laugh of your post is that you think wikipedia is an authoritative site. And that using it to condemn conservatives on a conservative site is somehow effective behavior on your part.

Arthur Brain

The final laugh of your post is that you think wikipedia is an authoritative site. And that using it to condemn conservatives on a conservative site is somehow effective behavior on your part.
There's a difference between conservative and far right wing bat crazy. 'Project Veritas' is the latter.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
There's a difference between conservative and far right wing bat crazy. 'Project Veritas' is the latter.

Again...

SO WHAT!?

What they said was true. Or are you going to deny reality again?

expos4ever

Is what was said about Facebook true? If so, you're committing a genetic fallacy to try to discredit the report, and are therefore part of the problem.
Not sure. But whether I am guilty of a fallacy or not - and people debate when it is appropriate to appeal to the genetic fallacy - I am free to question the credibility of sources.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Not sure.

So then why comment? Just to troll?

But whether I am guilty of a fallacy or not - and people debate when it is appropriate to appeal to the genetic fallacy -

If the topic of the thread was the overall veracity or reliability of Project Veritas (or any group for that matter), then there would be nothing wrong with your post. But that's not what the thread is about. It's about facebook deleting/censoring or hiding things people say about a virus/disease on it's platform.

If you cannot discuss the topic of the thread, then don't post in the thread.

I am free to question the credibility of sources.

Of course you are. No one said otherwise. But trying to derail threads because you think the source of what is being discussed is not credible doesn't add to the discussion, unless you're actually talking about what is being discussed. Your initial post in this thread had nothing to do with the topic of the thread.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
How do you know it's true?

I don't. I do believe it's likely to be true, but it has nothing to do with the source of the information.

Because of a wingnut site that says so?

Nope. The source of a claim has nothing to do with the veracity of said claim.

I've no need to deny reality JR,

Yet you do it all the time.

I happen to live in it for better and worse...

Sometimes I wonder...

Arthur Brain

I don't. I do believe it's likely to be true, but it has nothing to do with the source of the information.

Nope. The source of a claim has nothing to do with the veracity of said claim.

Yet you do it all the time.

Sometimes I wonder...
Well, perhaps you should investigate further as to the veracity of any such claim. Otherwise, when it emanates from a source such as the OP, it can be dismissed until if and when actual credible evidence comes around to corroborate said claim.

In regards to your latter two comments:

Nope, and if only...

Gary K

Banned
Project Veritas has been proven correct on their stories time and time again, and in courts of law. They have won multiple lawsuits against those who were claiming PV was wrong. Ah, but who would think you would accept fact you don't like as evidence that you are consistently wrong.

As I said before, Facebook has admitted they are doing what their whistleblowers said they were doing. Look at all the documentation PV has from Facebook's own paperwork. Ah, you won't do that either. You want to claim ignorance of the facts and say PV has no facts.

Follow the link to Facebook's own site. They publshed this after PV broke their story.
https://about.fb.com/news/2020/04/covid-19-misinfo-update/#removing-more-false-claims .

Arthur Brain

Project Veritas has been proven correct on their stories time and time again, and in courts of law. They have won multiple lawsuits against those who were claiming PV was wrong. Ah, but who would think you would accept fact you don't like as evidence that you are consistently wrong.

As I said before, Facebook has admitted they are doing what their whistleblowers said they were doing. Look at all the documentation PV has from Facebook's own paperwork. Ah, you won't do that either. You want to claim ignorance of the facts and say PV has no facts.

Follow the link to Facebook's own site. They publshed this after PV broke their story.
https://about.fb.com/news/2020/04/covid-19-misinfo-update/#removing-more-false-claims .
Well, no, they haven't and PV's founder is quite the guy...

Good for FB for making sure potentially damaging and misleading bunk is kicked into touch. What's wrong with that?

Gary K

Banned
Well, no, they haven't and PV's founder is quite the guy...

Good for FB for making sure potentially damaging and misleading bunk is kicked into touch. What's wrong with that?
Good for Facebook after you claimed PV lied about it? You're a basketcase full of conspriacy theories. You denied the truth of the PV story, repeatedly without doing any research.

Arthur Brain

Good for Facebook after you claimed PV lied about it? You're a basketcase full of conspriacy theories. You denied the truth of the PV story, repeatedly without doing any research.
I'm a basketcase full of conspiracy theories am I?

Well, it's true that I'm open to the theory that Jaws was a documentary rather than a film and that Watergate wasn't so much about Nixon but a dam that was in sore need of repair...

Otherwise, FB are doing the responsible thing, oh lawks.