ECT Evangelism Methods - How do YOU share the gospel?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
There are many ways to share the gospel.

Some might use the Ten Commandments to show people they are sinners. Some might preach repentance. Some might just point out that all are sinners. But all should be preaching about Jesus and what He did/accomplished for us on our behalf (when He died on the cross for our sins, that we would be forgiven and granted the free gift of eternal life).

What is the gospel? What methods of evangelism do you or would you like to use/employ? Do you ever or regularly share the gospel with others?

Do you preach God's grace? Do you preach obedience to God's commands (or should it only be man's sinfulness before God (and without God))? Is repentance required for salvation?

These seem to be good questions. I believe sharing tracts with people with a gospel message is a good method. It is also important that you share the gospel verbally with people.

Romans 1:16-17 NASB.

brinny

What do you communicate?

I communicate WHO God is and His love, compassion, mercy, and grace, and that He CARES what anyone is enduring or experiencing, and i share my own testimony.

(i will elaborate if you wish)

However, before i do anything, i pray.

Thank you kindly.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
One in Christ should communicate His Life. Isn't that the correct evangelism? If you don't know what that means then you don't live in the successful way.
If you don't know what true life is you probably don't understand the gospel at all.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I communicate WHO God is and His love, compassion, mercy, and grace, and that He CARES what anyone is enduring or experiencing, and i share my own testimony.

(i will elaborate if you wish)

However, before i do anything, i pray.

Thank you kindly.
This is really good brinny. Feel free to share as much as you want to on this here. You are more than on topic.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
you can love your neighbor
and
you can forgive your neighbor

without quoting one verse of the bible

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
you can love your neighbor
and
you can forgive your neighbor

without quoting one verse of the bible
True. But I can say two things about this. One, you would be following what the Bible says. And two, if you were to share a Bible verse you can know or remember that God's word does not return void.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If we are opposing upon someone? NO! Let God prepare the way and learn to be intimate with Him that you "know" His leading.
Do you mean "imposing" rather than "opposing"?

It is important to be close to God in all you do even, but this does not mean you should not share the gospel with people verbally. Loving a person goes a long way. But neglecting to share the gift of salvation can probably be considered morally wrong.

Cross Reference

Do you mean "imposing" rather than "opposing"?

Yes and thank you. I have a very presumptuous auto correct spelling thing going on that I sometimes don't pick up on.

It is important to be close to God in all you do even, but this does not mean you should not share the gospel with people verbally. Loving a person goes a long way. But neglecting to share the gift of salvation can probably be considered morally wrong.

Only if you are NOT being an "imposition". Receiving individuals come in all varieties and many will hold to unforgiven-ness to some degree to one's presumption for many years. Ergo, the need to be close to God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Only if you are NOT being an "imposition". Receiving individuals come in all varieties and many will hold to unforgiven-ness to some degree to one's presumption for many years. Ergo, the need to be close to God.
I can probably learn to be close to God, or closer to God, but I don't think He will ever prohibit me from sharing the gospel. Without it "well meaning people" are (on account of their sin) going to die, and end up in hell and the lake of fire.

Cross Reference

I can probably learn to be close to God, or closer to God, but I don't think He will ever prohibit me from sharing the gospel. Without it "well meaning people" are (on account of their sin) going to die, and end up in hell and the lake of fire.

All the more reason to be led by Him. Do it in your flesh and you will fail.

brinny

This is really good brinny. Feel free to share as much as you want to on this here. You are more than on topic.

it varies.....i've confronted drug dealers and told them to get ta steppin', and this so disarms them that the pause leaves way for a "conversation" of sorts. I fully warn them that as long as they are here, on territory that GOD has claimed as His own, that they run the risk of me:

praying for them
speaking to them about God

and/or standing on the corner and reading the Bible to them.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
it varies.....i've confronted drug dealers and told them to get ta steppin', and this so disarms them that the pause leaves way for a "conversation" of sorts. I fully warn them that as long as they are here, on territory that GOD has claimed as His own, that they run the risk of me:

praying for them
speaking to them about God

and/or standing on the corner and reading the Bible to them.
You know about God's love, I believe... and you endeavor to or want to share it. That is good.