Elderly feminist regrets feminism

musterion

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4733400/Will-granddaughter-pay-price-fight-equality.html

It makes me wonder what happened to the Brave New World we’d envisaged for our daughters and granddaughters. A world of unlimited possibilities, choices and equality for girls to become or do anything?

A world I — like many women — fought for in the Sixties.

Has feminism made life worse, not better, for today’s generation of girls?

Certainly, women have never existed in such a bleak emotional landscape.

A little late now for regret, lady. Not only will your granddaughter pay for what you helped usher in, the millions of aborted girls your movement helped make legal to murder have already suffered.

Last edited:

musterion

That last part about lack of perspective and gratitude...that's something missing from most people today, especially (but not exclusively) those on the Left. Hard reality will not flex for anyone and life is full of imperitives and consequences that cannot be denied and, sooner or later, will be answered to. We abide by them or adapt to them, as individuals or as societies, or we don't.

But the children he was lecturing are almost certainly of the kind brainwashed into magically thinking reality can be shaped or wished away according to their preferences, just because that's what enough of them agree they want. Well, yes, to a very small degree and temporarily, IF you are privileged enough (which they all are). But reality is still there, implacable, like wolves at the door. Yet there they are, falsely promised unicorns and they damn well are going to have their unicorns even if it destroys us all.

glassjester

That last part about lack of perspective and gratitude...that's something missing from most people today, especially (but not exclusively) those on the Left. Hard reality will not flex for anyone and life is full of imperitives and consequences that cannot be denied and, sooner or later, will be answered to. We abide by them or adapt to them, as individuals or as societies, or we don't.

But the children he was lecturing are almost certainly of the kind brainwashed into magically thinking reality can be shaped or wished away according to their preferences, just because that's what enough of them agree they want. Well, yes, to a very small degree and temporarily, IF you are privileged enough (which they all are). But reality is still there, implacable, like wolves at the door. Yet there they are, falsely promised unicorns and they damn well are going to have their unicorns even if it destroys us all.

Right - a bunch of Lost Boys, who'd rather play with their imaginary fairies than grow up. But Never Never Land doesn't exist, and the reality is that the clock in the crocodile's belly isn't only ticking for old cripples like Captain Hook. After it devours him, it's coming after Peter Pan.

Time will catch up with you, even if you "never grow up."

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The worst thing a man can do to a woman is treat her like a man. I'm considering a compilation video of female officers being beaten by men. But I know I don't need to post it. You liberals all know what you have done to women with your lies.

Arthur Brain

The worst thing a man can do to a woman is treat her like a man. I'm considering a compilation video of female officers being beaten by men. But I know I don't need to post it. You liberals all know what you have done to women with your lies.

Yeah, it was actually women who fought for the right to have a vote, a voice and to be treat equally under law. You are such a dope.

glorydaz

Like everything else.....what starts out good grows more evil with each passing day. It's this world of sin and corruption we live in. I can't blame the women who fought for equal rights, any more than I can blame the media who began reporting on the news and turned into what we see today.

What hasn't gotten worse over time?