Don't just pray, do something.

Interplanner

The Clackamas OR mall shooter was stopped by people with guns after he had killed 4. He could have killed as many as one of these crowded standoffs.

"Life's basic facts are conservative." --Thatcher. Liberal dreams and theories and 'love' and 'acceptance' have got us in this corner where we have standoffs.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Humanist nonsense.
It really wasn't necessarily. What's wrong with his suggestion? Christ told his disciples to arm themselves at one point.

I think this is mostly a city problem. In the country we're mostly armed and proficient. In the South that's increased by the disproportionate number of ex and active military you find here. I don't know how good an idea arming everyone is inside a densely packed city. Maybe clubs and the like should consider hiring ex-military to act as armed response. Keep someone on tap, so to speak. Maybe we should beef up police presence in areas of cities with large foot traffic instead. Don't get me wrong, I'm not averse to people owning guns and training is a fine idea, but take the target range warrior with no other experience, put a drink or two in him, in a dark space with strobe lights and music, packed with people, add a gunman to send those people stampeding and his pulse racing. I'm not sure that's the best recipe for preserving human life.

Doesn't warrant a reply.
And yet. :plain:

DavidK

I wonder how much prayer actually follows up #prayingforOrlando. My guess is precious little, on average. Perhaps that's why it feels so hollow.

Certainly, our Lord requires more than just prayer. It's my experience, though, that those who give themselves seriously to prayer end up moved by the Spirit to do more than just pray.

And the Biblical witness is that people who err on the side of #dosomething over #waitbeforeGod get into a lot more trouble than those who err the other way.