Donald Trump will LOSE BIG!

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Here's why:

Essentially, the argument is that Donald Trump only has a plurality of support in the Republican Party. He does not have majority support. He has yet to win 50% of votes in any state's primary. Nationwide, Trump only has 34% of Republicans supporting him. If Rubio or Kasich drop out, most of their supporters will not go to Trump. Furthermore, the entire leadership of the Republican Party is opposed to Trump's candidacy. We have already heard Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan, John McCain and others speak out against Trump. The cards are stacked against Trump in every way, so he can't possibly win.

Last edited:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

Mar 15
Florida · 99 delegates

Illinois · 69 delegates

Missouri · 52 delegates

North Carolina · 72 delegates

Ohio · 66 delegates

total today: 358

trump has: 460
trump needs: 1237

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
total today: 358

trump has: 460
trump needs: 1237

You may have missed the point of the video, which is that when Rubio drops out of the race after losing his home state of Florida, most of his supporters will go to Cruz and Kasich rather than to Trump.

Trump needs 37% of the Republican vote in state primaries to secure the nomination, but so far, Trump has only won 34%. Cruz and Kasich could possibly decide to combine their delegates at the Republican Convention, which would give either of them more delegates than Trump. Thus, Trump would lose the nomination. And that is just one possible scenario.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Cruz is a good choice. The Democrats hate him and so do the RINOs. Much like Trump.... Although I am very agitated at blaming Trump for organized protests by moveon.org.

rexlunae

The problem for the GOP is that he's almost certainly going to be leading going into the convention, so they will have the unenviable task of choosing either to endorse him, or put in a less popular rival, the leader of whom is despised by most of the rest of the GOP. The entire primary process will have been mostly a sham. And what kind of chance does that stand in the general?

ok doser

it all depends on how big his lead is

if it's close, they'll probably try to kill him (metaphorically speaking)

if he's way out front?

they're gonna hafta let him have it :idunno:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
mXqjUSgiMdpsPbZ-1600x900-noPad.jpg

PureX

I think Trump is going to lose big if he makes it to the general election, and he'll take a lot of house and senate republicans down with him, because people are thoroughly disgusted with the republican party for allowing this to happen. I know a lot of republican voters who will not vote for Trump in the general election if he is the republican candidate. They'll be looking for a third party alternative, and some will even vote for the democrat.

ok doser

... people are thoroughly disgusted with the republican party for allowing this to happen.

not the people who are crowding his rallies and voting for him and generating excitement not seen since bammy was running in 2008

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I might have to eat crow with regard to the conclusion presented in the OP. I just checked the polls in California and New York. Trump's lead is Cali is "huge" and his lead in NY is beyond huge--it's a blowout. He may end up getting the nomination after all (unless the Republican establishment can steal it from him), but winning the White House is a different story.