Did Kerry get it or get votes?

Interplanner

A news item yesterday says Kerry called the Chattanooga shooter a perverted jihadist. Why use two words when you could use one? But more important, was he just trying to retrieve votes lost for 8 years of mumbling by BO?

PureX

A news item yesterday says Kerry called the Chattanooga shooter a perverted jihadist. Why use two words when you could use one? But more important, was he just trying to retrieve votes lost for 8 years of mumbling by BO?
Barack Obama doesn't mumble, and is in fact an exceptionally articulate president. John Kerry, on the other hand, is often absurdly inarticulate and (I believe) it lost him the presidency back when he ran for the office against Bush, who was also notoriously and absurdly inarticulate.

So Kerry's use of the term "perverted jihadist" may have been more inarticulate bloviation, or it may have been unusually accurate, as that term certainly could be applied to the man it was being applied to.

In this instance, I would say it's you that is the more nonsensical, not Barack Obama, nor John Kerry.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

Not to worry, Interplanner.

Sometimes while using language native speakers of English see fit to add an adjective to the noun they are using.

A jihadist is literally a person who believes in struggle. Kerry added the word "perverted" to show a difference between a true follower of the Prophet from those who pervert the term in his name.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

It was Joe Biden, not John Kerry.

Biden: Chattanooga shooter was 'perverted jihadist'

US Vice-President Joe Biden has said the killing of four marines and a sailor in Chattanooga in July was the work of a "perverted jihadist", despite no official determination of motive.

Speaking at a memorial service in the Tennessee town, Mr Biden also called the suspect a "perverse ideologue".

US authorities say Mohammad Youssuf Abdulazeez acted alone when he attacked two military facilities in Chattanooga.

But the FBI has said it has not yet been able to establish a motive.

Mr Biden was joined by US Defence Secretary Ashton Carter and families of the victims for the service, a month on from the 16 July attack.
Read more at link

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Mocking others, in my opinion, shows immaturity. It would be more helpful for this thread if you could add substantially to the discussion.

you are sadly unaware of what mocking is - you added judement of others, congrats on another substantial contribution

btw, i am very immature and i don't hide it, it's fun,try it -

Kerry's a tall man - are you short ?